There's A Ghost At My Place Of Employment

by finallysomepride 151 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Caedes - Proof is not a word I have used, evidence is what I have made reference to. Forming an informed opinion requires an analysis of at least some of the mass of evidence collected over the last 150 years or so. I have reached the conclusion that absolute proof must include direct personal experience. I don't think any amount of reading or research should be able to convince a reasonable person completely of the fact of survival. I would say though that in my opinion it is impossible for a reasonable, open-minded person to dismiss the possibility of survival having read even the limited works I have suggested earlier in the thread.

As an aside Sir Oliver Lodge and Sir William Barratt were the foremost physicists of their day do some reading for God's sake. In answer to your comment: no, you don't have to examine the research as I said already. Why would I expect you to do research for me when I have done it already - your comment makes no sense to me. You on the other hand are however currently speaking from ignorance. Frankly why should I care? As I said I have no interest in persuading you. Merely correcting your misleading statements by referring to the voluminous research on the subject of which you appear to have read absolutely nothing. If you were really interested you would examine the evidence and do some research but you're not, so engaging with you is a waste of time. There may be other people who are actually prepared to get off their ass and read about the subject - if you don't want to then it is of no interest to me. I cannot engage you in discussion when you have not and will not read the research.

• finallysomepride
  • Caedes
    Caedes

GromitSK,

I refer you to my earlier reply (No. 1347) since you have posted no additional argument or empirical evidence.

I would be very interested to know which of my statements you believe was misleading?

Sir Oliver Lodge and Sir William Barratt were the foremost physicists of their day

So my challenge that they haven't had anything published in the last hundred years was correct then? Glad to see you have conceded the point so graciously.

As an aside the reason I am unwilling to read the books you suggest is because you have said nothing that convinces me that they contain anything other than hearsay and eyewitness testimony which carries no weight with me. If you could outline in your own words even one piece of hard empirical evidence from the books you referred to then I would consider reading them. Since you cannot do that it suggests to me they contain no such empirical evidence.

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

My kids and I have had several unexplained things happen in our home since we moved in 8 years ago.

During the first week, my son and I came home from the store and heard walking upstairs like heavy boots. We knew that no one was home and my husband was still at work. I thought someone was in the house, maybe a robber. I had my son wait outside with the phone and kept the house door open and went upstairs with a knife in hand. Upon investigating, no one was there. This has happened numerous times over the past 8 years.

My daughter and I both heard a breath sound sigh behind us when we were alone in the house.

I was asleep upstairs one day when I heard small feet enter the room. I thought it was my son. Had the blanket over my head and heard a child's voice say "mom?", also someone sat down on the bed next to me. Upon removing the blanket from my head, I replied "what joe", thinking it was my then young son and found that absolutely no one was on the bed or in the room. I got up and called downstairs and my hubby answered. I asked where the children were and they were both out.

Also, several times I have awakened in the middle of the night smelling smoke and fire. I scared the life out of my hubby one night when I literally jumped out of bed and ran down the steps to the downstairs. He came after me and asked what was wrong. I kept saying "I smell smoke, there is a fire, don't you smell that?". I swear I could smell it coming from everywhere like the room was engulfed in flames but there was nothing. After this happened several times, I told my nieghbor about it. She lived next door since she was a child. Anyway, she gave me a strange look when I told her about my numerous fathom smoke smells and said to me" you do know there was a terrible fire in that house, don't you?".

After having many experiences like this through out my life I did some research and am convinced I am what they call a "sensitive", My daughter is too and so was my mother. We are not physic but can pick up on emotions in people and on experiences in the homes or land of people. I think what we are experiencing in our home are things that happened in the past.

Here is another experience I had not in the home.

My son had terrrible asthma when he was younger. He went out one day to play on our street with friends and I took a nap on the couch. He was about 10 at the time. We live on a quiet dead end street so I was not too concerned with his safety. He was with 2 other boys. They went down the street to play in the woods when his 2 friends left him. Some older boys came along and started bullying my son. They pushed him down and sat on him which scared him terribly. He went into an asthma attack and did not have an inhalor on him.

While I was sleeping, I heard my son calling me! I jumped up running to the door. My daughter who was 12 at the time ran behind me asking me what was wrong. I grabbed the inhalor and ran down the street telling her Joe was in trouble and needed help.

As I was running down the street, my son came out of the woods trying to walk up and in trouble because he was gasping for air. I gave him the inhalor and when he caught his breath he said to me "mommy I was calling you". At which point I told him "I know, I heard you". Even though I was asleep I heard him and knew he needed help.

Last summer I had the same experience regarding my son when He was at a friends home playing outside and was injured. At that moment I picked up my cell and called him because I sensed he needed help. I had to pick him up and take him for medical care because he stepped on a large nail while running around outside shoeless. His friends were trying to help him walk back to their house but he was in too much pain and crying and could not move. They were about to get help when my son's phone rang. His friend answered and I asked "what happened to my son?", at which point his frie

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

I have a paranormal team, and am considered pretty skeptical. I don't try to convince people for or against the paranormal, I just try to get what I get, and enjoy the experiences. Why do I do it? Because I am curious about whether such things exist, and whether these investigations will help me learn more about the paranormal. My three male investigators are police officers, one a detective. I prefer to use law enforcement officers as investigators because they are trained in using their objective minds to investigate, gather evidence, and analyze it. We don't use psychics, mediums, or empaths because we prefer to keep that aspect out of our investigations in order that things be level. We use cameras with infrared technology, digital recorders, etc. to gather evidence. We try to strive every investigation to improve our methods so that contamination is minimized.

We constantly read about new methods of using the equipment to its maximum potential, and we are always learning about how shadows, lights, reflections, etc. interact with camera lenses. Most investigations produce NOTHING that we would consider anomalous. We're pretty picky about what we consider anomalous. We try to "debunk" everything that we come across. Sometimes we can't. We don't automatically conclude it's paranormal if we can't debunk it, we just chalk it up to something we don't understand right now. We do field tests for false positives (i.e., testing out different items in the air while taking a flash photo of it to see what it looks like in an investigative setting) and really try to learn all we can in relation to these types of investigations. We don't consider ourselves scientists, nor do we intend what we believe to be paranormal to be accepted by others as paranormal. We're not out to prove anything, except to ourselves.

Some of our clients have been really fantastically credible, upstanding citizens. Some have been nutjobs. We usually take our time interviewing to see if there are any problems with substance abuse, domestic abuse, or psychiatric disorders. We usually won't take a case if our interview reveals any of these issues.

We've had some just really neat experiences, but very few of them after all these eight years of active investigation. I like that people want empirical data, that's the standard that all should strive for. However, in the paranormal investigation business, these things happen just seemingly randomly. I do know that the more I have done this, the more frequent experiences occur.

Anyway, even though I've seen some things, I don't know if it's actually ghosts, but to me: there's something unexplainable.

CG

• PEC
    PEC

Some places you have to disclose if someone has died in a house that you are selling. It is 2009 and people still believe in ghosts.

Go collect the million dollars and I will believe. A fraud having to admit he is one, after he has been proved a fraud, is not a unreasonable request.

Philip

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Today I heard it again, I was alone in the store & I could hear a shuffling sound like someone walking but not lifting their feet, beside me.

• GromitSK
    GromitSK

Caedes - simply saying that I support your view doesn't make it so. As I said previously if you aren't prepared to look at the evidence - and that is what it is, that's your choice. It is of no concern to me at all. As an aside Empirical means : denoting information gained by means of observation, experience, or experiment - much, if not all of Lodge's etc research and evidence was gathered according to that definition.

Simply refusing to read such work is depriving you of the opportunity to be better informed - whether you accept it or not. Without your having read it your argument is, as I said before from ignorance and there is no value in your opinion on the matters covered therein because you don't know what they are. It is also unproductive to engage you in debate on the matters because it would entail transcribing or cutting and pasting vast amounts of material which is readily available to those with a genuine interest - which clearly you don't have. Those who are interested will read some of the material originally suggested at the outset, those who aren't won't bother. Those who are too lazy to find out about it but are happy to posture and dissemble will do what you are doing. Good luck to you. I have spent the past five years researching this matter. I am not prepared to waste any more time on discussing these topics with someone who has no genuine interest and is too lazy to read a couple of books.

If you think that means you're right - well you're entitled to your opinion, however badly informed it is.

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Caedes, you are just an ASS.................a plain and simple ASS.

Judge Dread

• lovelylil2
    lovelylil2

Wow, this is a touchy subject for some isn't it.

Even though I have personally had lots of unexplainable experiences in my house, I would not go as far as saying it is a ghost only because I have not seem a full bodied apparitions. I have seen a mist that looked like smoke or haze though. I know something is going on because it happens too often, just not sure what it is. Maybe trapped energy from past people living here?

I do believe some people are what is known as "sensitives", myself included. And we seem to pick up on these paranormal or unexplained phenomena more than others. One experience I had with the heavy boots walking happened when only my daughter and I were in the house. She and I are both sensitives. The walking was coming from right above us and you could see the ceiling vibrating with each step above the living room. Probelm is though, there is nothing above the living room. Not even a room! The living room is an addition with skylights and nothing above. We both looked up thru the skylights expecting to see someone up there but saw noone. This happens frequently through out the house.

Also my daughter had a sleepover in October and a young lady who never slept over before experienced the breathing on her neck. It scared the life out of her and she won't sleep over any more. I don't know if this is what a "ghost" is, but cannot explain any of this.

by the way, I have recorded the footsteps and shuffling around my bedroom when I left a recording device going and left the house. No one else was home, kids in school and hubby at work. It is true some people will not believe no matter what. I played the recording for my husband who kept saying he couldn't hear anything and then when 5 other people said they clearly heard the sounds, he confessed he did hear them but thought the noises were cars outside. Funny I didn't know cars can sould like footsteps shuffling around. He simply would not accept that "someone" or "something" was walking around our house when we are not home.

I came in abruptly one day thru the front door and think I scared whatever it was. I distinctly heard "it" running up the stairs to the bedroom. This was another time I almost called the Police but knew no one was in the house because I have an alarm system and I had activated it before going out. Anyway, above my bedroom (the room we hear the most activity in) is the attic but it is completely sealed closed. Not sure why but it was like that when we bought the home. We will be opening it up this summer so I am anxious to see if we find anything up there.

If any paranormal researchers in the boston area want to come by and see the house and hear the history, send me a pm and we can arrange it. Peace, Lilly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit