This is a perfect religion!

by life is to short 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Newborn
    Newborn

Dearest lits,

I really feel for you and the situation you're in...do you have children? I was born in the org, pioneered, married at 22 with a brother (a marriage that was never truly happy). I left the org and him last year after 12y or marriage. we had no kids. It was truly hard but I just knew that for once, I needed to put my life and my happiness first. (as a JW this is hard, we've learned not to be selfish etc especially sisters unfortunately). So I dropped everything and just listened to my heart. I finally dared to think that perhaps this is not the truth after all. God could not want me to be so unhappy. I came on here and saw I wasn't alone. That is what you have to do. You deserve to be happy. Like you say, it's horrible to realise that you may have wasted your life to a lie. So many on this forum have dedicated almost their whole lifes in the org but the FREEDOM you experience when you leave is worth so much. We only have this short life and we owe ourselves to be happy.

Is your whole family JWs or do you have someone you can talk to closeby and who can help you?

Be strong

• garyneal
    garyneal
    This is perfect religion with imperfect people. The elders are imperfect that is why there are problems.

And how is this different from any other Bible believing church? If the teachings of the Bible are perfect, and Jesus Himself is perfect, and the truth can be found by studying and applying the principles contained in the Bible, but the interpretations and teachings have to come from imperfect men, how can the Jehovah's Witnesses be any closer to the truth than any other Bible based religion?

See why I don't believe that these people have a monopoly on the truth? That is, if they have it at all.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

The only thing that ended my suffering as a jw was getting out. I truly believe my jw husband would've killed me had I stayed and so did every professional involved in the situation. So death would've ben my only escape, and the Watchtower was perfectly fine with that. I've been out almost 21 years, and it was the best decision I ever made. I hope you do the same.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"Imperfection" is a wonderful cloak to hide behind. It can be made to cover "A multiple of sins" but in reality people are really sometimes thoughtless, selfish, or jus plain mean. The Watchtower cliches can be used by controllers to control us if we let them.

"put Jehovah first ", "Jehovah has never blessed me."" I just need more faith""Jehovah is just testing me."

These are all expressions that defer the control of our lives over to others. It is time to take control, to pull ones own strings and be willing to trust our own judgement..Bob Dylan wrote :

"Trust yourself,
    Trust yourself to know the way that will prove true in the end.
    Trust yourself,
    Trust yourself to find the path where there is no if and when.
    Don't trust me to show you the truth
    When the truth may only be ashes and dust.
    If you want somebody you can trust, trust yourself.

Well, you're on your own, you always were,
    In a land of wolves and thieves.
    Don't put your hope in ungodly man
    Or be a slave to what somebody else believes.

Trust yourself
    And you won't be disappointed when vain people let you down.
    Trust yourself
    And look not for answers where no answers can be found.
    Don't trust me to show you love
    When my love may be only lust.
    If you want somebody you can trust, trust yourself.."

And remember one thing - Jehovah may have written The Bible, but he sure as hell does not write the Watchtowers !"

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Jehovah doesn't test you with evil. And he wouldn't wait until the day before Armagedon and the Great Tribulation to shed the light, either, not when the commission two thousand years ago was to be fishers of men. You either have the truth or you don't. And since the JWs concede most of what they have taught since the 1800s is false, then they never had the truth in the first place.

http://www.144000.110mb.com/

• cantleave
    cantleave

Life is to short - don't tolerate unhapiness and spiritual bullying as normal behaviour. Jesus wanted our load to be light and to find joy in our lives, yes this life not some future one. GET OUT!!!!!!!

• Opus92
    Opus92

I always wondered why an omnipotent god would allow his organization to be full of people who were always screwing up. Wouldn't he want to fix the problems?

• flipper
    flipper

LIFE IS TOO SHORT- My wife and I talk to you often- we are good friends. Blues Brother is very right on when saying this is about control. Unfortunately you and the rest of us in the mind control cult Jehovah's Witnesses HAVE been controlled when we were in it by very manipulating, controlling people who desired to take our power away . And THAT control starts at the VERY TOP of the WT organization with the corporate attorneys to the governing body to the C.O's and D.O's down to all the elders and then the control goes to the individual brothers in their homes who control their wives and children . By the time this ridiculous chain of command rope gets to the wives and children - all THEY can do is kick the dog or else leave and re-gain their freedom. It's one reason so many young ones exit the witnesses and why so many JW marriages don't work - abuse of power and control.

I also agree with Jamiebowers , Newborn and others who suggest you really deeply look into your soul, your heart, and your prospects for a content, happy life in your future. Only YOU can decide which course to take. Whether to stay in a marriage that's unhappy and unfulfilling and chance your JW husband will come around in time to see the craziness of the witnesses in time - or - to pursue a new life where you are not under oppressive control by the JW cult, the elders, or your husband. A person just has to add up the positives and write it all down on paper and across the page make a list of all the negatives and weigh them against each other as time goes by. One thing is for certain - living a life that is terribly unhappy can take an extreme toll as time goes by on your mental, physical, and emotional health to the point that if a person waits TOO long to decide - it could get to the point of a breakdown either physically or emotionally - then it may be too late or difficult at all to make a change. Only you yourself are aware of where your personal breaking point is. Just make a wise, smart decision no matter WHAT you decide. You know we on the board and my wife and I will be here for you. Hang in there, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    This is perfect religion

The fact that you uttered this at all is frightening and shows how little you know about the religion. How can it be perfect if it is driving you to contemplate suicide? True Christianity ought to set you free from such thoughts.

http://144000.110mb.com/index.html

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

Dough- A Deer- A Dumba$$ Deer- Who did not actually read this thread properly- Who is just here to push his own agenda No Practise what you preach please............

Life Is Too Short- Mr Flipper has already said it for me.... Big Hug but here is a hug... I sign of support and friendship.... I have read too many of these heart breaking threads lately....... The Borg Clearly does break up marriages and destroys friendships- I am glad that forums like this exist, and that ex JW's or still-ins have a place to come online for support and unconditional love (from most posters).....

My heart goes out to you lits... to you and others just like you......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit