This is a perfect religion!

by life is to short 36 Replies latest jw friends

• brainwashed-from-birth
    brainwashed-from-birth

I dont mean to come off harsh, but if you believe this is the "perfect", "true" religion why would you call yourself "life is too short". According to your perfect religion you are going to live forever on earth, perfect, playing with all the wild animals. I mean the "end is near" right? You should be happy and rejoice in all you do...yet you are not rejoicing at all. Instead you are acting like you are trapped in a cage. You should ponder this very long and hard because in reality life is too short. You are wasting it trying to meet the expectations of a group of imperfect humans who you would probably not even reconize behind closed doors. It is not an easy decision. I lost everyone close to me becz of mine, but I still have a sense of peace I hope you can find someday. I wish you the best "life is too short". I think you should really investigate the organization and continue to ask questions on this site. Everyone seems very open minded and loving. Something you may not find so much of asking questions to the elders in your congregation.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

God does not test you beyond your ability to resist. Therefore, if you are tested beyond your ability to stay in the organization, it is God's will you leave.

PS - the longer you believe all their claptrap, the longer you feel totally insane.

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

My wife hit me with all of this just this morning. The conversation did not go as I had hoped.

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

Brainwashed, I was under the impression that the first paragraph and next sentence was a recital of the lines that we all get fed; not necessarily what lits believes. Life is too short, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

6.I am Jehovah, and there is no one else. 7 Forming light and creating darkness, making peace and creating calamity, I, Jehovah, am doing all these things. - Isaiah 45, 6-7

This is someone to be worshipped?

• flipper
    flipper

JADEEN- You are correct . My wife and I know Life is Too Short . She doesn't believe in the cult. She was doing a satire in the intial thread showing how ridiculous the views are that the witnesses have . Just doing it in an extremely dry humored way- but with a serious overtone

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Sorry to hear things are not going so well.

I just posted this on anothere thread, but I will repost it here in case it is useful to you.

My wife has backed right off and won't talk religion at all. The key has been my parents reneging on giving me a king list, and challeging her to give me one.

You have to pick what you say very carefully, you don't get many chances. Never take on any subject that doesn't have a quick and easy and unavoidable conclusion. If you can get her to knowingly lie to you, back off and let her dwell on it. Just make sure she knows you know, like drop the relevant watchtower on her lap and go out for a walk.

Scan the TV guide for relevant cult programs. Make offhand comments where applicable. If you are lucky you might even be able to watch the program online somewhere and have comments prepared and even know what WT covers the subject you have just brought up for when your wife tries to say that the JWs are not like that. Drop it in her lap.

Be patient.

Chris

• Gordy
    Gordy

Sometimes I really wish I was not alive. You cannot win. I feel so trapped.

Doesn't that tell you there is something wrong with being a JW.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Mainthemiddle

You are right that was what I meant. This is what I have been told lately when I question something and there is no answer for it. The CO two weeks ago ran with the statement that this is a perfect religion with imperfect elders in it. He just could not answer my questions and got so frustrated with me. Finally all he could say was I will pray for you. Like that was all he could do. None of my questions could be answered. Like OK if the other elders are imperfect than why was my husband deleted for a pedophile shoving him in the hall. The other elders who allowed pedophiles to hold children got off because they are imperfect. But my husband is not imperfect?

Then three nights ago two elders came by and one elder that was all he could say, he just kept repeating it over and over and then my husband picked up on it and he has been saying it to me and I felt like I was going crazy.

The part about wishing I was not alive. Everyones point in saying that should tell me something is wrong in this religion is so right. I finally stated thinking of all the years of depression I have had and for what. If I was truly in a perfect religion I would not feel that way. The only time I am happy is when I am away form it.

I told the elder who came by three nights ago that and he said that statement that I was happy away form the meetings freaked him out. Yet this elder told me that in the last three months himself he has been thinking of dying himself and he would be better off dead. I was blown away. This elder is a very nice guy. I really like him. I think he is honest. He lost his son who was only in his late 20's his only child and he had not spoken to his son because he was DF'ed and this elder feels such guilt but this elder said I had to stay loyal to Jehovah. It breaks my heart. The way his son died it could have been that he took his own life. How sad is that. My heart really breaks for this man.

This religion really hurts. This is not a joke. This religion takes our lives one way or another. And some of us to do not know it until it is too late.

Flipper thank you for what you wrote. I do not know how I would have made it without you and Mrs. Flipper. You two have been such a huge help to me in all of this. If it were not for the both of you I do not know where I would be today. Thank you.

And to those of you who asked I do not have children. I am thankful because I would have raised them in the religion and what more heartbreak I would be in now. I could have been like that elder who lost his son.

Thanks to everyone who posted. LITS

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They keep telling you that it is a perfect religion so you will not look past it. You will not look at the major problems as being widespread, and even unscriptural. Rather, they appear as isolated problems and even your fault--so you will continue serving the Washtowel Babble and Crap Slaveholdery in spite of it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit