This is a perfect religion!

by life is to short 36 Replies latest jw friends

• life is to short
    life is to short

This is perfect religion with imperfect people. The elders are imperfect that is why there are problems. We just need to endure because Jehovah is allowing this as a test to see if we will still love him. Jehovah who knows everything and see everything He allows things to happen really bad to some people for some reason. We just need to wait on Jehovah until it is His time to reveal it. We must suffer until it is Jehovah's time to make it come to light. We must not move ahead of Jehovah's arrangement. We must remember that even if we are in deep depression there are others that are worse then we are and they endured, we must remember Joseph, Job, Danial and others from the Bible. David who had to run from Saul. Jehovah allows people to be tested to see if they are fit for is kingdom.

We must never question Jehovah and this is Jehovah's perfect religion and he only has imperfect people to use.

Sometimes I really wish I was not alive. You cannot win. I feel so trapped.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

If you feel trapped, don't want to live, and realize life is too short, then take a chance and get out of this religion. Sounds like it couldn't be any worse than what you feel staying in it.

• behemot
    behemot

LITS, then how come JWs keep pointing to other religions' shortcomings as evidence that they are not the true religion?

Don't you realize that this type of rationalization can be made for just any other religion? ... just substitute "Jehovah" with "the Lord", "Allah" or whatever other god-name in your post and you have a perfect (?) way of explaining away the problems any religious organization on earth may have.

Behemot

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

"we must not move head of Jehovahs arrangement"

why not?

• Newborn
    Newborn

Life is too short

Been there, done that...

I understand you feel trapped etc...but pls make an honest reflection about this religion...for ex would Jehovah, a loving god, really want only a small group of people to survive?? why would he want us to be unhappy and always feel inadequate while waiting for the paradise...why would he make good people wait soooo long?? why would he lie or hide the truth for so many years about the time when harmageddon would come?? etc etc

Pls ponder over questions like these...I think you already do since you're here??

I wish you all the best and we're always here to support you.

/Newborn

• Satanus
    Satanus

Our barriers are mostly in our own minds. We build them there, as a result of persuasion by others. You can demolish those barriers yourself. Others will help, but the actual work is up to you.

S

• Satanus
    Satanus

Btw, i remember all those lines. The 'it's a perfect religion made up of imperfect people' is the most confounding. There is no proof for it, though.

S

• Gayle
    Gayle

You must tap into your own conscience. The leaders of the Watchtower want you to follow them (men). They are very imperfect and can't know how to lead all people (tho they want to). You have to answer to your conscience and if you are not happy and not being true to yourself, then your depression is trying to alert you. It's time for you to let yourself grow. You know, you must love yourself too. The WT organization manipulates you to deny yourself totally, to put the organization first. The Watchtower organization really doesn't allow you to 'love' yourself, your mind, health, your true happiness. The Scripture says to 'love your neighbor 'AS' yourself'. Somehow the WT organization made me interpret that when reading that, that I was to love my neighbor 'INSTEAD' of myself.

Please maybe get some counseling. Learn how to 'bust' out of that trap..read books,,get into an exercise form or sport, hobby, and an easy, worthwhile volunteer service. If you are depressed the rest of your life, waiting for the big "la-la", then you will just get sicker. Don't let the Governing Body of JWs do that to you. They don't care about you truly. Most of us understand your spot but don't let yourself stay there. We have moved on with a positive life, and so can you!!

• Spook
    Spook

A "perfect religion" is a non-sense idea. The fact that Jehovah's witnesses aren't "perfect" means they don't deliver the following expectations:

1. The things they say will happen do not actually transpire.

2. The qualities they claim are cultivated by the study of their publications do not develop at a greater rate than they otherwise do in the general public.

3. The effort to control one's behaviour, ideas and thoughts does not produce happiness. Rather, it produces the opposite of its intended consequences.

These imperfections serve as evidence which negates the claim that Jehovah's Witnesses teach true things. I have a lengthy philosophical argument which argues this, but here's the quick elevator version:

The governing body, if they were a channel of divine communication, would have to be perfect about information which came from Jehovah. God, were he to exist, would know exactly what he had to do to accurately convey information through a human channel. If he wanted people to have information, he would do so. This leads one to conclude either:

1. This God Jehovah does not exist.

2. This God may exist, but has nothing to do with the governing body.

3. This God may exist and may use the governing body, but is relatively unconcerned with the spread of true knowledge about him.

4. This God may exist and may use the governing body and is purposefully causing them to teach false things about him.

#3 is unlikely because it contradicts the theology in which the "governing body" exists. In other words, for #3 to be true, other things would have to be false which make the question pointless.

#4 Has been argued before, the most common version being a "testing defense." This has never held water for me. If you want to believe that God is testing your obedience to humans who he is purpusefully deceiving - enjoy.

That leaves us with #1 or #2. There are no other options.

• life is to short
    life is to short

Newborn

You are right in all you say. My husband and I got into a fight this morning and that was what he threw at me yet again for yet the 100's time.

I was so mad, my husband says Jehovah is just testing me. I said so you mean I have spent 46 years of my life depressed and wishing to die because Jehovah is testing me. Jehovah let me be rapped as a child to test me. Jehovah let me be stalked to test me. Jehovah is letting a psychopath harass me at the meetings to test me? I do not want Jehovah than I hate that kind of God and my husband waked out the door to go to work.

I was just so down. I know I have to make a choose and it is hard. I have spent my whole life believing this way. I still love my husband but the love is going away. 22 years of marriage and and I want my husband to care. When we were pioneering my husband told me crawl on my hands and keens because Jehovah was testing me when the MS brother was threating to kill the both of us. I stayed I was so stupid.

I am just so hurt now. I am not 25 years old and feel like my husband knows everything. My husband honestly felt Jehovah was allowing us to suffer with a nut case and and gun to test us. What did it prove. I am just bitter for well over two years of the first years of our marriage I never knew when my husband left to go to an elders meeting or out in service if I would see him again. No one would help. Just trust in Jehovah.

You cannot reason with with JW's. It is always that I do not have faith. I just need more faith. If I went out in service more my depression would just go away.

I know I have to make a choose. I cannot stay like this. All my life. My husband comes and goes in regard to believing that this is the truth, but when he expects me to go through hell yet again to be tested yet again I just lost it this morning.

I will feel better the longer the day goes on. I just look at other couples in different religions and see the how happy they are and my marriage has never been happy. Even though we both put Jehovah first especially my husband above me even Jehovah has never blessed me. I just need to wait according to my husband.

I am like well the one thing I do know is Jehovah gave me a life now and so what if I keep suffering and than at the end of my life learn that John 6:44 applies to me and Jehovah has really hatted me like I thought. Then my whole life has been a wast.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit