This is a perfect religion!

by life is to short 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Spook
    Spook

In addition to my previous post:

What about this religion is perfect? That is the correct response.

1. The structure of the religion is not perfect.

2. The output of all activities conducted by the religion is not perfect.

3. The teachings of the religion is not perfect.

The religion is not perfect. Don't let that stand. It has some good things and some bad things, like everything else.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Well my darling I just got off the phone with you.
    I know just what your going through I have been there done that.
    Remember the sayings"THIS IS HOW YOU WILL KNOW THEM BY THE LOVE THEY HAVE AMID THEM"
    Also I believe Christ died for us to live more abundently....
    You are NOT living life to the full.You seem to be using your brains
    God given for you to THINK!!!! Your thinking... I suggest if you love your hubby
    keep showing the LOVE!!!! If it is getting intolerable,start saving some money in a special account
    So if you cant stand it any more ,you will have enough to move.

Thank you for letting me KNOW my prayers are answered

I have been praying for you since our first contact.NOT all the time
    but last night again I mentioned you to MY best friend>JESUS!!! He listened I guess.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Sometimes I really wish I was not alive. You cannot win. I feel so trapped.

life is too short ... you have been manipulated by a destructive, mind-control cult. You need to seek outside knowledge of the WTS and what is happening. You are also suffering from depression if you wish that you were not alive. Please seek some professional counselling.

I think we have all felt this at certain times in our lives, and not just JWs. Education is key followed up with planning and execution.

life... what are you passionate about? What gives you joy? What do you wish to do with your life? The things you focus on in life get bigger. Please start focusing on positive things. Start looking at what YOU can DO. If you 'wait on Jehovah' nothing will happen. I have always been confused by this teaching. I was always taught "God helps those who help themselves". In my experience, this is the truth and not what the JWs have taught you.

You are the architect of your life. Begin by looking at your 4 areas of need (Physical - To Live, Emotional - To Love, Mental - To Learn, and Spiritual - To Leave a Legacy) and start defining what these mean to you. Once you do this, you can start looking at what you can do to begin fulfilling these needs.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Life is too short.....

You have said the words yourself. You must act on them. You must quit allowing these men to come to your house and "advising" you. You will end up with yet more feelings of guilt and depression.

Do not allow them to take any more of your life. NOW-get involved with something you like to do. Education? I am in school and I am 57 years old. It is tough but I want to get the degree I should have gotten when young.

Hobbies? Maybe you have a bent toward art or music and never got to pursue it. DO IT NOW! You will gain self esteem and by concentrating on learning something new, will have little time to be depressed!!

It is true....life is too short. I have been through the depths of depression because of this "perfect religion" myself. But have been "out" for four years, and it is so much better now. I have begun to laugh again, and feel that I can enjoy the remaining years of my life.

We are pulling for you.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

((((LITS))))

You are not unlike so many of us who at one time believed all the stuff the jws taught. Perhaps you are at a crossroads now, questioning some of those beliefs that conflict with another belief, and that's okay. That's "normal."

You might want to try being open to something different than, "This is a perfect religion." How can imperfect people create a perfect religion?" How can a religion that encourages and promotes co-dependence be a "perfect" religion?

Look at nature. Don't baby birds grow up and leave the nest? Don't baby animals grow up and leave the den? Why are people taught that they must be co-dependent with a religion?

Food for thought.

ESTEE

• flipper
    flipper

ESTEE & Others- Life is to Short does not BELIEVE it's a perfect religion. If you read her first initial thread on page 1 she is being sarcastic and calling it a " perfect " religion in a satire, humor type manner. True the sarcastic humor is dry- so some of you might not pick up on it. Believe me, my wife and I know Life is Too Short very well- she stopped going to meetings almost 10 months ago. She doesn't believe the crap the WT society puts out. She is just writing down her thoughts in a satirical , sarcastic manner to invoke people to think - she has moved on from the cult, perhaps not completely - but she doesn't buy into it anymore.

She just has to listen to mind control drivel from her JW husband still- as she lives with him. So she replies and talks about it in a disbelieving way. Yet Quandry's point is well taken that I too think Life is Too Short should stop letting elders come into her home to talk to her in a demeaning controlling manner as that is not helping her at all. I feel Life is Too Short is taking control of her life step by step gradually - it's just difficult while still living with a JW husband

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Thanks, Flipper. Glad to hear LITS has great support like you and your wife...She will be okay.

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit