Confirmation on statement made at assembly this past weekend

by koolaid-man 45 Replies latest jw friends

• observador
    observador

That's why sometimes elders get confused and do whatever THEY believe to be the right thing.

One moment Mother says 'we have to show loving compassion as shephards of the flock'; the next moment Mother says 'we gotta kick them outside the city's walls'

I just love when Mother gets all fired up and confused because thinking minds have an opportunity to see her for what she really is.

Obs

• Balsam
    Balsam

I remember getting this kind of information in talks and at conventions at different times over the 30 years I spent in it. Sometime they were really anal about not talking or associating with witnesses that weren't attending all the meetings. Fear would peak off and on the rules were tightened. It isn't surprising it is a tactic that the bosses at Bethel used to tighten the boarders at times.

So one's mate isnt' going to all the meetings does that mean the active spouse much stop all association with them, perhaps move them to a separate bedroom, etc, etc, etc, including stop eating with them? I recall a period of time when they actually encouraged spouses to not even go out to eat with a spouse who was in active, in others words treating your mate like we treated disfellowshipped ones. I thought that was over the top and was at the time dealing with a mate who had stopped going many years ago. Now he is in and I'm out. LOL

Ruth

• ziddina
    ziddina

"The WT promotes schisms and divisions constantly: the spiritual minded pioneers vs the slacker publishers; the genuine anointed vs the, what, not genuine anointed; believers vs non believers...."

Pistoff, your words made me realize - there's an unavoidable continuum between the "Us versus Them" mentality that the WTBTS Guv Body uses to keep the average JW away from 'the world' - in other words, sources of information that might liberate them from the WTBTS - and this promotion of divisions WITHIN the organization. Such behavior would appear to be counter-productive, on first examination... It appears to me that the Guv Body's paranoia - or perhaps it's a tendency towards judgement of their fellow JWs that is so ingrained it's become an automatic reflex? Anyway, this 'judge-mentality' has become an unconscious part of the Guv Body's collective mentality, to the extent that it's turned against its own members.

Or maybe it helps promote that atmosphere of fear that is so effective in controlling people... Just as in Nazi Germany, (where the WTBTS appears to have picked up some useful lessons in mind control...) one cannot share concerns or doubts openly with one's fellow JWs. This state of existence is also reminiscent of the 'witch burnings' and "Inquisition" - again, that fear of being turned in by one's neighbor because one doesn't quite 'measure up' or 'fit the mold...'

Zid

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Not long ago, I explained my fading to my old JW friends, or should I say ex-friends. They weren't really judgmental and it seemed to be a pretty amicable meeting. They promised to keep the lines of communication open, provided I wasn't df'd. It sounded fine. But I'm under no delusion that these ex-friends will make good on their words. In fact, I just dipped into a Wal-Mart recently and got a quizzical look from an old dub acquaintance. So maybe I am starting to stink to them already!

And since that meeting with them, not a one has called me to go get some tacos or anything. What they said wasn't true, and I knew it.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

This reminds me of the reign of Caligula and how he instituted rules allowing for the wealth confiscation of anyone found less than enthusiastic about his particular form of government. "Mother" confiscates spiritual capital from those who are l ess than enthusiastic about her dictat es.

• The Almighty Homer
    The Almighty Homer

The kings of the Watchtower kingdom are getting little paranoid and weary.

I don't remember the bible prophesying the coming of the age of information

and the tumbling down of bogus corrupt religious organizations.

In any case thanks Bill Gates and Al Gore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit