Confirmation on statement made at assembly this past weekend

by koolaid-man 45 Replies latest jw friends

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

if a person is not attending the meetings on a regular basis active Witnesses should not be associating with them

Hey, lets be really Christ-like and treat even those on the "fringe" like $hit!

Assimilate or ELSE!

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

if a person is not attending the meetings on a regular basis active Witnesses should not be associating with them.

Rick

They are afraid. They are vulnerable. They are circling the wagons. Their doctrine is wrong and they know it. This method of restricting information will not work. Disfellowhipping usually results. The ones leaving will not leave them alone and this will just makes them angry so that they will turn over heaven and earth to expose them.

Joseph

• ziddina
    ziddina

"The caller told me it was announced from the platform that if a person is not attending the meetings on a regular basis active Witnesses should not be associating with them. Has anyone else heard this?"

When I was a kid in the mid-60's they were announcing information that was strikingly similar. At that time the wording [if I remember correctly] was something to the effect that 'true' Witnesses were to "watch their associations", not only with worldly people, but also around 'certain' members of "Gawd's Organization" who weren't as ardent - I think the word they used was 'faithful', or 'active' - in the worship of the 'true god'.

This is only too typical of cult mentality... It was being emphasized before 1975 to keep people psyched-up; it was used AFTER 1975 to keep people trapped inside.

What I'M waiting for is the nation of France to BAN the blasted Witlesses! But first they'd have to successfully ban the Scientologists...

Zid

• dinah
    dinah

I was just thinking, I remembered hearing something like that when I was still in back in the 80's. Didn't they say we should "mark" those who don't attend meetings or do field service very often?

Maybe they were already feeling the effects of CoC back then. I was a dumb kid and didn't realize any of that was going on.

• willyloman
    willyloman

" He that is walking with wise persons will become wise, but he that is having dealings with the stupid ones will fare badly."

True. But it took me a long, long time to realize who "the stupid ones" really were!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Hmmm. It would be my guess that the context was probably advice not to "associate" as in not to be friends with , perhaps having an evening meal and drink together or go away on holiday with the ones who still may claim they are Witnessess but never come along anymore.

Mind you, that is still over the top of what the printed writings of the WTS has been.

BTW..That would render ME a good associate, since I often take my wife on a Sunday ! Crazy isn't it???

• nelly136
    nelly136

they were telling us that when i was a dub,

'spiritually weak' were to be avoided.

• Quentin
    Quentin

Untheocratic was the word tossed about when I was in...late 50s-early 70s...my Dads favorite saying..."their not very theocratic, don't associate with them"....

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Heck, the Main Pioneer Sister at our hall commented at a public meeting that "she would never eat with a non=Witness"

She might bring them food if they were sick or starving, but she would leave it and run.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

if a person is not attending the meetings on a regular basis active Witnesses should not be associating with them.

&

should "mark" those who don't attend meetings or do field service very often

&

Witnesses were to "watch their associations", not only with worldly people, but also around 'certain' members of "Gawd's Organization" who weren't as ardent

I dont' know, but it was always these statements or attitudes that always discouraged me & put me down a wayward path from the BORG. For an organization that brags to be so Christlike, with this kind of sentiment, they couldn't be anymore unChristlike.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit