Question for believers: How does God set priorities?

by sir82 75 Replies latest jw friends

• myelaine
    myelaine

"They are neither magic or silent... and they don't live in the sky. The kingdom, indeed, the spirit realm... is inside you... and all around you. It can be in you... at the same time that you... are in it."~AGuest

"And every good Muslim surely and sincerely agrees with all that."~besty

"Every GOOD Muslim does indeed believe this."~AGuest

...umm...this is what I've read and heard from muslim people: the islamic Allah and his "kingdom" are considered to be so above "humanity" and "earth" as to only be reached through physical death and even then one absolutely must adhere to the 5 pillars throughout their life but Allah is so arbitrary that he still may not let you into his kingdom. the spirit realm on earth consists of angels...not Allah or any Holy Spirit. the angels can influence to one degree or another but they are never in you....many muslims, infact, believe that mohammed was the holy spirit that was to come after the assention of Christ. still other muslims believe that the angel gabriel is the holy spirit and that such angel came from Allah to mohammed to teach him islam(submission). all muslims believe that the koran is undefiled, unaltered, unbreakable and forever written in heaven...the final revelation of Allah to mankind...incedentally it is said among certain sects of islam that when the hidden imam or mahdi is revealed he will be standing IN FRONT of Jesus...not in submission to Jesus per se but in submission to Allah as they are "co-redeemers"...so when they say that they are expecting Jesus to return to set "all things" straight they MAY mean that they expect Jesus to "supernaturally" help the mahdi convert everyone to islam... aka...the true religion of Allah.

love michelle

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

Perhaps we know different "Muslims?" Like many so-called 'christians,' they are not all the same. .. nor do they all believe the same. Some believe women inferior, some say the Koran honors women. Some believe the white man is the "devil." Many are white...

Allah and his "kingdom" are considered to be so above "humanity" and "earth" as to only be reached through physical death and even then one absolutely must adhere to the 5 pillars throughout their life...

Still, they are not in the sky...

but Allah is so arbitrary that he still may not let you into his kingdom.

The Muslims I know have a message that "Allah is merciful." Again, perhaps we know different Muslims...

the spirit realm on earth consists of angels...not Allah or any Holy Spirit.

It is still the spirit realm... and, as you say, on earth (and thus... not in the sky...)

the angels can influence to one degree or another but they are never in you....

Though, I did say the KINGDOM is in you... and not that the angels are in you (which would be a possession)...

many muslims, infact, believe that mohammed was the holy spirit that was to come after the assention of Christ. still other muslims believe that the angel gabriel is the holy spirit and that such angel came from Allah to mohammed to teach him islam(submission).

Yes, I have heard both...

all muslims believe that the koran is undefiled, unaltered, unbreakable and forever written in heaven...the final revelation of Allah to mankind...

I have also heard this...

incedentally it is said among certain sects of islam that when the hidden imam or mahdi is revealed he will be standing IN FRONT of Jesus...not in submission to Jesus per se but in submission to Allah as they are "co-redeemers"...

And this...

so when they say that they are expecting Jesus to return to set "all things" straight they MAY mean that they expect Jesus to "supernaturally" help the mahdi convert everyone to islam... aka...the true religion of Allah.

Could be that's what they mean. Unfortunately, little of what you've written here has anything to do with what I meant, however. The comment was intended to indicate a "phantom" God... who lives in the, well, wild blue yonder, which is not the case at all. Most of the Muslims I know DO believe that [God] is merciful and loving... and that humans are supposed to reflect that love and mercy. That is what I meant by the kingdom being INSIDE one... i.e., God and Christ dwelling in one... and one being "in" the kingdom... i.e., one dwelling IN love.

You read WAY too much into it, dear one, but I understand why you might have done so. I hope this clears things up. In the meantime,

I bid you peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• myelaine
    myelaine

dear AGuest...

"Most of the Muslims I know DO believe that [God] is merciful and loving... and that humans are supposed to reflect that love and mercy. That is what I meant by the kingdom being INSIDE one... i.e., God and Christ dwelling in one... and one being "in" the kingdom... i.e., one dwelling IN love."

"The kingdom, indeed, the spirit realm... is inside you... and all around you. It can be in you... at the same time that you... are in it."...even after the "restoration" or satyug the kingdom would not be considered "in" them (in the christian sense) though they would be living on earth where true religion is practiced.

I don't think that islam even teaches that once in the heavenly kingdom they would have communion with Allah...heaven and its fleshly delights are the reward for a righteous life.

I can understand that you are trying to explain to besty what the kingdom (on earth?) is from a christian "perspective" but you can't reconcile muslim and christian doctrine on the kingdom regardless of where that kingdom is and you seemed to be implying.

"Every GOOD Muslim does indeed believe this"...???do you mean that muslims don't believe that Allah resides in the sky but is present on earth??

love michelle

• ldrnomo
    ldrnomo

Why would God even care to set priorities? Everything is insugnificant to him. Even we are mere nothing in his eyes.

He does know us all even the birds by name but all life is equal to in God's eyes.

LD

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

"Every GOOD Muslim does indeed believe this"...???do you mean that muslims don't believe that Allah resides in the sky but is present on earth??

Sort of and not exactly. I wasn't trying to push Muslim doctrine at all. Rather, Besty was being sarcastic and I was trying to make the point that the Muslims I know (1) don't believe God is magic or silent, (2) don't believe He lives in the sky, and (3) really aren't as "crazy" as some would like to think but, rather, are actually very loving because they believe "Allah" to be loving and merciful. The ones I know wouldn't take part in what some today term a "jihad" (which is not really what such acts are). These have always emitted love toward me... even more than some of my "christian" friends... and when I explain how God is manifest in us by our DEMONSTRATION of love and faith... they got it. So, I said every GOOD Muslim (note, I emphasized the word "good" because of their treatment of ME... and thus, Christ)... would agree.

I probably shouldn't have even gone down the road with Besty, but sometimes the whole flippant thing compels me to. My apologies... to you and Besty, if necessary... for any confusion (though it all seemed pretty clear to ME).

Again, peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• besty
    besty

Don't forget to address the priorities of the god of the oldest religion on earth and that has over 1 billion adherents alive today.

That god has priorities.

I think AGuest - being a multicultural sort of chap - you will address the priorities of the Hindu god in your own good time.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Besty,

I don't doubt that the God of the Hindus is the same God of the Jews who is the same God of the Christians.

I may be wrong but I hope I am not.

• besty
    besty

in which case I guess his priority is to work out which bunch of religious devotees should be slaughtering which other bunch of religious devotees at any one time - all in his name of course.

but erm ye - you actually are correct.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I think AGuest - being a multicultural sort of chap - you will address the priorities of the Hindu god in your own good time

Ummm, nahhh... there is no point in doing so, and I think I made my point. I do not ascribe to religion of ANY sort, dear Besty. ALL of them are false lights... and I follow the TRUE Light, the one who rejected religion (and its institutionalization) for truth. Now, I think I'll be done here... as I have nothing more of benefit to contribute.

Again, peace to you!

SA, a slave of Christ, who is a multi... well, whole lot of things, really... 'cause I'm a chick (vs. a "chap")

• besty
    besty

Oh you made your point way upfront and early alright - come to Jesus - in an irreligious, disorganized way of course - or be doomed to suffer or benefit based on the local weather, and I quote:

The reason so many have a problem with this issue (why God takes care of/answers some... and not others) is truly VERY simple: He is not the God of EVERYONE. Dear ones, He is only OBLIGATED to take care of/answer those who belong to Him...All others who benefit (i.e., He makes it rain upon the righteous AND unrighteous) do so because of His loving kindness.

Thats your point - your god sets priorities based on whether you believe in him, or not. That certainly explains why its mainly non-WASP's who are starving to death etc.

Although that begs the question why god ain't making it rain over there to grow some damn crops, even although these folks are clearly un-righteous and should therefore qualify for some precipitation.

Anyways, thanks for the heads-up on how you think.

Let the reader use discernment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit