Question for believers: How does God set priorities?

by sir82 75 Replies latest jw friends

• donny
    donny

No, I believe He does! He doesn't force His help on us, we need to ask.

I have a good friend who has spent a lot of time in some of the poorest and deprived areas in Africa and believe me , these people ask of Gods help constantly and yet the conditions continue. In my 50 years I have yet to witness or feel anything that I can only say had to come from a supernatural origin.

Donny

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Divine Command Theory: When God allows people to die, it's righteous and just, it's the loving thing to do.

Somebody get back to me when God restores the legs of a Christian amputee. Thanks. I'll be here.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

sir82

I 'm not going to pretend to have the answers to your questions, but I will say I have a much different perspective.

I believe all men derserve hell (on the day they're born). But God's grace allows men to live how ever long He chooses. On some, His special grace saves them for all eternity, and for them death is by God's grace. For others, death is the end of grace and the beginning of justice.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

all men derserve hell

The same people describing the problem, are the only ones selling the solution.

In any endeavor other than religion, more folks would be suspicious of this reality.

• peacedog
    peacedog

Easy one, silly. He doesn't. He leaves that to the Faithful and Discreet Slave, TM of course:

*** km 9/02 p. 8 par. 5 Avoid the Pursuit of “Valueless Things” ***
    Bear in mind that our heavenly Father has an appointed channel of communication, “the faithful and discreet slave.” That “slave” has the responsibility to determine what information is made available to the household of faith, as well as “the proper time” for it to be dispensed.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

leavingwt

Like I said, "I have a much different perspective."

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Like I said, "I have a much different perspective."

Yes, and I respect your viewpoint.

Please don't interpret my comments as an attack. Rather, a glimpse into some of the things that have weighed on my mind.

• goldensky
    goldensky

Chalam, why don't you go and sing Stevie Wonder's song to the child who is about to be severely beaten/raped by his/ her father, to the parent whose child is dying of hunger/ disease/ an accident in his/her arms, to the psychologically vulnerable whose distress is probably beyond our imagination... ? (The list goes on and on...).

Sorry if I sound too abrupt, it's not usually my style, but this subject really hurts the deepest fibre in my heart.

We don't have an explanation. Period.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

leavingwt

Please don't interpret my comments as an attack.

I don't. I also don't expect everyone to agree or even understand. It's a "Spiritual" thing.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    It's a "Spiritual" thing

What a cop out . . .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit