College

by AllTimeJeff 48 Replies latest jw friends

• VIII
    VIII

Wonderful! Good luck and I know you will do incredible. I loved college and am going back. I am a firm believer that no one is too old to learn. You are a great writer, so I am sure you will kick butt.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Jeff, go for it and good luck. As a side note: One of the great things about going to college is the generally positive and upbeat atmosphere... a lot of young people and people who love to learn... thats the best thing about being ona college campus, in my opinion.

• Cadellin
    Cadellin

Hey, Jeff, do it! I was 40 when I started university--didn't do the online thing, went bricks and mortar and was absolutely terrified walking into my first class (English 202) which was packed with 19 year olds. They all thought I was the instructor--doesn't matter, it was awesome and now, 4 years later, I'm in grad school, teaching a freshman class at the same time and getting paid for it--now when I walk into the class, I really am the instructor and absolutely love teaching...Follow your passion, and you'll find a way to make it pay.

Sounds hackneyed, but hey--its the total opposite of what the Society tells you to do so it's got to have merit!!!!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

ATJ, I am an accountant...more than willing to help you out in that. :)

Stable field..decent money.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Good for you Jeff!

Just make sure to avoid "advanced degrees in medicine, architecture and law" because that would be "higher education".

om

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

When I started this thread, I didn't know how I might go about doing this.

Then I remembered, all the hours spent as a pioneer, cleaning at night, working in the day... I can do this! And I WILL do this.

I wasn't ready before to go, but I can see that now is the time to take control of the rest of my life, and apply the lessons I have learned.

I have a lot of fear. But I will conquer it. I am putting my head down and doing what I should. Thank you very much, I will definitely keep everyone informed. :)

• startingovernow
    startingovernow

Wow, go away for a little while and look what happens! You got married? Well, if she has a grad degree in psych, what's to be afraid of? I'd think if makes it easier to have someone in your life who can tell you how to get the most out of college,and when you get stressed - you can talk to her and she can assure you whether or not you have some psychopathology or just need some more sleep. I know you've pretty tight about sharing your personal life, but I must say, I'd really like to know how you met and landed a such a smart girl.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

maybe accounting... probably not accounting. I need to make some money with a 4 year degree.

My daughter earned her bachelor's in accounting approximately five years ago. For a little over two years, she has worked as a financial analyst for...shall we say an amazonianly large online bookstore/retailer. She earns close to six figures in salary, plus she vests next year. As part of her salary package, she receives several thousand dollars in shares every six months. Stocks alone are up to about $10,000.

...not bad for under thirty...

• FreudianSlip
    FreudianSlip

bttt, everyone needs reminders

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit