College

by AllTimeJeff 48 Replies latest jw friends

• noontide
    noontide

Do it!

Are you looking to go to an onsite college or are you thinking about doing it online? I have done both and they have their pros and cons.

If your work-schedule or family responsibilities permit, I would suggest going to an actual facility. The face-to-face interaction and college experience is something you won't forget. If you cannot go to a facility, then do it online. I actually find that online courses are sometimes a bit harder as there is a lot of correspondence between the students and teachers. Since they can't see you, they really want to make sure you are getting all of the information, so a lot of work is given. Hard but worth it. You also have to be very disciplined, if you are bad at scheduling your time and are easily distracted, online courses are not recommended.

Because of my schedule, I am taking online courses. I did a lot of research before finally deciding which college to attend. The last thing you want is to spend your money and time and find out you went to a paper-mill school and not one that actually advances your career. Make sure it's an accredited college. Below is a website that reviews colleges based on student reviews.

http://www.studentsreview.com/

I am "attending" Empire State College - State University of New York (SUNYSC). I am getting my degree in Business Management and Economics with a concentration in Human Resources. The online courses are challenging and the tuition is not too expensive. Check out their website:

http://www.esc.edu/esconline/online2.nsf/ESChome.html

Good luck to you man!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff
    And congrats on the Mrs, part too !!!!!!!!

Due to some bad experiences before, I don't like to share too much about my current personal life here, but thank you very much! :)

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hail, Jeffers:

Excellent! Look at the good you've already done by causing <EarnMyDegree.com> to light up the board!

Allow nothing to stop you [most of all YOU!].

Best wishes,

CoCo

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

Go for it. Make sure you take some humanity courses. Courses that stretch your analytical abilities. It's not all about the money. Best years of my life.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I am thinking of a local CC to start. The one I am looking at now is tied in on their Business AA to a State BA course, all local. Sounds good to start. Proabably will have to do some online at first, although I would love to do all onsite. To be around people who want to learn again, the thoughts almost makes me want to cry....

(sob sob)

Ok, moment over, that was fun.. lol. I am starting to get excited....

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Hey ATJ,

Most campuses have a older than average student group that will be able to provide you with some good resources.

Goshawk

• Opus92
    Opus92

DO IT.

The only time it's too late to go back to school is after you're dead.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Go for it dude!

There are good things ahead :)

God gave you gifts so use them. A smart brain and eloquent speech to boot! You'll do well in the business world but there could be something even more up your street.

Well you know I like to leave you will a verse or two. This has got to be one of the best :)

Jeremiah 29:11 (New International Version)

11 For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

All the best,

Stephen

• chickpea
    chickpea

i am 53

and combining distance ed
    and IRL classroom iinstruction
    at at local tech college....
    (tuition is waaaay cheaper
    at the tech college)

my original BA in
    is pretty useless
    (1980)

so now i am working on an AAS
    on my way to an MS

i will be close to 60 before i get there
    but i will be 60 whether i do it or not

just.do.it.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Cool. I will need to re-read this every now and then. thanks all!

Stephen, for all I know, that could very well be true. It would be nice...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit