ARE YOU READY FOR THE FINISH LINE? GB Talk

by Girlie 79 Replies latest watchtower bible

• dutchstef
    dutchstef

"Now the alert runner takes note as he runs his course because all along the way there are markers that tell him where he is in the race"

Yeah right...if the years were the miles you had to run and the markers written signs.. the markers would say this:

it's 1874 miles of running, no wait it's 1878, no waith it's 1914 miles, no waith it's 1915 miles, no wait1925, or no 1920 or no 1918 or no 1925 was right, no wait 1975 miles, sorry did I say 1975 miles I meant no more than 80 years counted from 1914 so that's 1994 miles

and the last marker would say: you already ran 2009 miles, you've got realy close to the finishline, sorry you died along the way. But don't worry we will ful the next generation!

• Perry
    Perry

I wonder why he didn't quote this scripture?

Rom 9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

It is not Sam Herd that gave that. People like to attach the name of a GB member to give it importants. It was given by Elwood Johnson, a black CO.

Don't pick on Sam Herd. Back when I was pioneering and working nights, others would complain about me sleeping while out in service. Sam visited as a DO. Someone asked about sleeping while out in service. His reply was that may be the only time one has to sleep. I got to give it to him for being understanding where the others weren't.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Rattigan, how does one manage to sleep while out in service?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Still no finish line?

• a watcher
    a watcher

I love this talk. It's one of my favorites. Very detailed and informative.

"For [the] vision is yet for the appointed time...Even if it should delay, keep in expectation of it; for it will without fail come true. It will not be late. (Habakkuk 2:3)

• Chariklo
    Chariklo

So new, so shiny new to all things JW, I was almost bowled over the first time a DO said to me "God's chariot is picking up speed."It sounded to full of suspense, so exciting! I couldn't wait to be there when God's chariot finally got to ....where?...I was too in awe of a DO to even think of that question!

But, God's chariot! Wow! Just that whiff of Indiana Jones and the Lost Crusade combined with all those angels the dear sister kept telling me where applauding my "courageous stand".

When I eventually wised up, I saw it all for the ridiculous sham it is. Jargon words, cult words, to enthrall the unwary, who, just for a few months, included me.

But I got over it!

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

Yes Habakkuk was obviously talking about 2013 , just read the context, the whole book, and you will see .....er........ woops.

As to the Finish Line, with the sad events of Monday it looks like a spot to be avoided.

Hey Chariklothe rumours of your death are gross exagerrations ! With Big J's chariot, I think the wheels fell off.

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

"how does one manage to sleep while out in service"

Easy, I'd make care groups of 3, the other 2 would go on studies or long calls and I would stay in the car, catch some sleep and count time.

Once I was on a Bible study with someone and I was so tired that I requested to nap on their couch.

• Slavenomore
    Slavenomore

The age of the post says it all.

Rat,

I remember the sleepy car rides back and forth to the terror Tory! Hot car, inane conversation and boredom then passing into unconciousness sleeping with my head on the window.

But taking a nap on a babble study that's fresh.

Slavenomore

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit