What do you make of the Alpha Course?

by boyzone 88 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    If he's someone else, the onus is on HIM to make it completely obvious he's there.

A bit presumptous. Who are you to make demands on Him? Who are you? He doesn't want to be with people who don't want to be with Him. The fact that you don't believe in Him is irrelevant in the end because you atheists and God-haters will be dragged kicking and screaming before Him in the end to account for your ways. You have no choice in the matter. And just to clarify one thing: Just because He allows bad things happen doesn't mean he "condones" it. He's not pardoning it, forgiving it or overlooking it. He'll deal with it all in due time. You're on notice.

Now, go ahead and flame me.

http://www.144000.110mb.com/

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

JD - you just don't get it do you? Where did I say I hated God? You can't hate someone/something you don't believe is there.

I do want to be with an all powerful, all loving being, IF there is one! Who wouldn't? But, any REAL loving father would make real, obvious contact if he really loved his children. He wouldn't play games or make it hard to find him. Simple.

You don't realise how ridiculous you sound.

Oh, and while we're on the subject of God and bad things - how do you explain God sending bears out of the woods to gore some children who'd made fun of someone? Not quite so loving, eh?

• Chalam
    Chalam

Snowbird the JW's are unwittingly paving the way to God for many. You and I are one of those many.

Amen! That happened to me.

JWs have been knocking at my door for the ten years I have been here. I remember talking with them at the door and I was far from God. However, I felt the pull of the Holy Spirit, that I needed to sort my spiritual life out. I think I took a WT once but it went straight in the recycle bin. I knew it wasn't for me but it was time to look for God. Not that I did, I was quite stubborn.

I Felt God speak to me in Australia in 2000 like He was talking directly to me but I kept on walking.

It took 9/11 for me to really get off my sorry ass! I will never forget the day after, the peace and the joy the Holy Spirit brought me :)

It was like I was high, that is the only way I can describe it. Mind you, there is not high like the Most High :)

Well the Alpha Course is cool IMHO. My wife went on one so I checked out the course material.

I have seen Nicky run the course on the TV and I think it is excellent.

Blessings,

Stephen

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    Where did I say I hated God?

I wasn't referring to you but others since you obviously don't believe in God. Hence, the plural. You fell into the first category of atheists.

how do you explain God sending bears out of the woods to gore some children who'd made fun of someone? Not quite so loving, eh?

Bears in the woods? Why stop there? He's going to vanquish mankind at Armagedon, children included. Those are the rules and that's His perogative, regardless of how distastefull you find it. You can still love your child who is a serial killer and recognize the need for him to be put to death.

But, any REAL loving father would make real, obvious contact if he really loved his children.

Obvious contact? Why should He if you don't love Him or even acknowledge His existence?

• Chalam
    Chalam

I forgot to answer the question!

1. God sent them and I was wrong to leave. I should seek reinstatement immediately incase armageddon arrives and I'm dead.

A huge outsider, wouldn't you agree!

2. Satan heard my prayer and sent them to my door to fool a young, naive, vulnerable girl.

Quite a possibility. There is only one type of prayer Satan cannot understand and that "praying in the Spirit" i.e. praying in tongues.

That said, Satan is not omnipresent and neither is his network.

3. Neither sent them. It was coincidence that they knocked on my door just then.

Could be.

Possibility 1b. is that God allowed them to knock on your door but He did not send them.

I don't know if you had the answer to this question if it would really help you right now.

Sure, you are mad at the wasted years but it is time to look forward Isaiah 41 Isaiah 42 Isaiah 43

All the best,

Stephen

• sir82
    sir82
    But, any REAL loving father would make real, obvious contact if he really loved his children.

Obvious contact? Why should He if you don't love Him or even acknowledge His existence?

So let me see if I've got this straight....

God refuses to contact anyone, or even disclose his existence, unless that person unquestioningly believes that he exists first?

And God refuses to love someone unless they love him first?

I dunno....the God you describe sounds like a petulant 3 year old.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    It took 9/11 for me to really get off my sorry ass!

A tell-it-like-it-is Brother if ever there was one.

LOL.

Sylvia

• Chalam
    Chalam

Genesis 45:4-8 "Come closer to me," Joseph said to his brothers. They came closer. "I am Joseph your brother whom you sold into Egypt. But don't feel badly, don't blame yourselves for selling me. God was behind it. God sent me here ahead of you to save lives. There has been a famine in the land now for two years; the famine will continue for five more years—neither plowing nor harvesting. God sent me on ahead to pave the way and make sure there was a remnant in the land, to save your lives in an amazing act of deliverance. So you see, it wasn't you who sent me here but God. He set me in place as a father to Pharaoh, put me in charge of his personal affairs, and made me ruler of all Egypt. MSG

Amen!

Stephen

• cantleave
    cantleave

Total coincidence. The same as the chance events that initiated the universe, life and everything we see.

• besty
    besty
    Take a wild guess.

Let me see - you are posting on an ex-Jehovah's Witness forum, in English, with a Western name.

Thats right - I got it......you're referring to Muhammed.....

Explain to me why the accident of your birthplace defines your religion?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit