What do you make of the Alpha Course?

by boyzone 88 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cantleave
    cantleave

Explain to me why the accident of your birthplace defines your religion?

It seems a shame that the majority of Earth's population are never going to know Jesus because of the embedded culture handed down thorugh the generations. Prof Steven Dawkins makes an Excellent point!

• besty
    besty
    It seems a shame that the majority of Earth's population are never going to know Jesus because of the embedded culture handed down thorugh the generations. Prof Steven Dawkins makes an Excellent point!

run that by me again - this time for dummies....

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough
    let me see - you are posting on an ex-Jehovah's Witness forum,

I believe this forum is open to anyone.

• nelly136
    nelly136

http://www.theologicaleditions.com/webtheo/webtheology-alpha.htm

just curious, do you eat before or after the session?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Besty - I was agreeing with your point. A point which is made very well in the God Delusion. If Jesus really is the Way and the Life why has he allowed the majority of the world to develop cultures that don't involve him? A bit unfair if you are born into a Muslim or Budhist culture.

Is that clear enough?

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

The answer is as simple as falling off a log. Why do you confuse yourself with all these different opinions?

I have a friend who is involved in the occult. He told me of his experience: His life was pretty much falling apart. Everything was going wrong for him. He told me, I kid you not, that he prayed to Lucifer, who he considered his god at that time, for help. Within 30 minutes 2 MORMONS showed up at his door. Now, he wasn't confused about why they were sent to him, since there is much more to the story, but you get the point, I'm sure.

True story.

Judge Dread

• besty
    besty

thanks CL - I am not always on the same wavelength - i think it was the Stephen Dawkins reference that baffled me :-)

• besty
    besty

jonathan dough-for-brains

I believe this forum is open to anyone

leaving aside your statement of the obvious, can you answer my question please.

• jonathan dough
    jonathan dough

jonathan dough-for-brains
    I believe this forum is open to anyone
    leaving aside your statement of the obvious, can you answer my question please.

I'll do better than that. "Those who, through no fault of their own, do not know the Gospel of Christ or his Church, but who nevertheless seek God with a sincere heart, and, moved by grace, try in their actions to do his will as they know it through the dictates of their conscience - those too may achieve eternal salvation."

Roman Catholic Cathechism at p. 244 section 847.

"The plan of salvation also includes those who acknowledge the Creator, in the first place amongst whom are the Muslims;..." (ibid., p. 242, section 841).

Leaves no room for atheists.

http://144000.110mb.com/trinity/index-5.html#20

JD II

• ninja
    ninja

what do I think of the alpha course?....well....it's a start

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit