New Light on Prayer in NOV 15 WT Study Edition

by lepermessiah 56 Replies latest jw friends

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

I finally saw that November 15th WT article on prayer that everyone has been talking about - the people in the photos look as stiff as corpses!

People will be called in the back room for inadvertantly making contact with their spouse during prayer.

I think I will adopt the following stance during prayer now:

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Here's a District Convention of next year:

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Can somebody throw the link back up to the original thread on this topic. My wife wants to read the "new light" on how dirty, rotten, sexy prayer hand holding is.

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

he, he, he

lol

• Peaches1978
    Peaches1978

omg, that is just so wrong in so many ways. they have the bollas to tell people that they cant hold hands during a prayer what next you cant hold your children hands either?

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Whatever one might think about the question or point, it definitely is NO "new light". I remember it from at least 25-30 years back, that the "no holding of hands" was advocated, so this is definitely "old light".

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

And, regardless of what the original article says, this could become reality. The original article merely bans embracing spouses for fear of stumbling others. Now, what the hounders are going to do is make this a "disobedience to theocraptic order" issue, which could win you a trip to the back room with three hounders for embracing your spouse for "loose conduct". And, in this case, "loose conduct" means simply having disregard for the authority of the hounders, not getting too close to sexual "immorality(??)".

Going even further, the hounders are likely to add any touching to the list of bans. If one cannot embrace, why even take the first step and hold hands (even if the washtowel doesn't explicitly ban it, the hounders will). Once again, it will fall under disregard for the hounders' authority if any violations are noticed in this aspect. Which can lead to a trip to the back room.

• Heaven
  • angel eyes
    angel eyes

didnt say you cant hold hands....said about embracing.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

There is new light on prayer.

Effective 1/1/10 All prayers are to be addressed to the Governing Body, in the name of Jehovah. The Gov Body is going to come right out and say that they have disfellowhsipped Jesus and his name is no longer to be used. Additionally, the new songbooks are going to be considered apostate material as of 1/1/10- since they still have 1 or 2 songs that have jesus name in it. A new song book will be issued deleting those songs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit