New Light on Prayer in NOV 15 WT Study Edition

by lepermessiah 56 Replies latest jw friends

• oompa
    oompa

wait a sec......if all good dubs close their eyes and bow their heads like they are supposed to during prayer......then how the hell do they know anyone is holdin hands or hugging or feelin each other up?!?!?..........oompa

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

I always held on to my husband during the prayer so I would not fall over.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Angel Eyes,

If you don't like hints and like things to be spelled out, you must have a hard time being a JW. For example, there is no rule that sisters must wear skirts or dresses to meetings, have you ever shown up wearing slacks? Is your husband a JW? Does he have a beard?

I'm sure others here can easily think up many other unwritten(yet strictly enforced) JW rules.

No Apologies

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

If I want to fondle my wife's bum during the prayer, that's my business and anyone who is stumbled by it should have had their feckin eyes shut.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

well angel then the "hints" in the WT should annoy u as well

• Charlie Cheddar
    Charlie Cheddar

Aguest

Interesting comments, thankyou for sharing.

CC

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I think this will go mdown like a lead balloon. It will not be as bad as the oral sex fiasco of the 1970s and 1980s but it sure as hell will ruffle some feathers

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

If everyone was bowing their heads and closing their eyes this wouldn't be a issue.

• Borgia
    Borgia

What happened to the 3 string cord ..... disappeared all of a sudden? Or is it something that has to be practiced in the bedroom? So focussing on their romantic relationship may indeed be having the 2 string cord in place!See ... the bible rebuts the WTS. ...

...but really ... what new?

Cheers

Borgia

• Axelspeed
    Axelspeed

This is the most idiotic thing I've seen in a while. While it may be old light to some, I have never ever seen this put in print like this and accompanied by a picture, and I have been around for a while. I stand corrected if it has. Talk about self inflicted wounds.

It will be very interesting to see how this goes over in the spanish speaking congs as culturally they are very family oriented, and very embrace/hug oriented as couples and with the kids from what I observed. It will also be interesting to see how the younger jw couples (post 2000) who have very little experience in reading between the wts lines react to this. I have been to a meeting or two for family, and I can tell you that where I visited it was striking how much hand holding, arms around the waist/shoulders was happening esp with the 30 and under crowd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit