Which is your favourite single malt Scotch Whisky, and why?

by lifelong humanist 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

mmmm ... smoked haddock pie sounds good to me.

• besty
    besty

Would that be using Islay haddock or Speyside haddock?

• Nellie
    Nellie

Sorry guys (and gals) can't stomach the stuff - but Hubby absolutely loves Glenlevitt. I'm marking this thread for future reference to use your suggestions as gift ideas. Birthday and Xmas are coming up!

Thanks!

• south african beef
    south african beef

I like the 12 year old Bushmills - sorry, definitely not a Scotch as it comes from Northern Ireland, and the 12 year old version is only available from the distillery.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Being born and raised in Scotland has disabused me of the preciousness surrounding whisky - daniel-p - relax already and enjoy the moment - of course your idea of relaxation may be more formal than mine :-) in any case I'm happy that you take an interest in Scotch.

"Relax already and enjoy the moment?" How does that tie into anything I said? Just because I said it's nice to put a few drops of water into a 66% scotch? If that qualifies as snobbery, you have a low threshold.

Yeah, that's right, keep me in my place... no one should be too enthusiastic about scotch... because you were born in Scotland.

• daniel-p
  • south african beef
    south african beef

Daniel-p, I think you have totally misread and misinterpreted what Besty was saying.

Basically, chill and enjoy Scotch!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Not to everyone's taste I know, but I do like the really peaty taste of laphroaig Mmmmm!

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Basically, chill and enjoy Scotch!

Why should he tell me to "relax" or "chill"?

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

If you like Highland, try Bowmore sometime. It is excellent and powerful and well priced.

BTS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit