Which is your favourite single malt Scotch Whisky, and why?

by lifelong humanist 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Jazzbo
    Jazzbo

The Macallan 18 year old is my favorite Scotch. I like the smokiness and the hint of orange.

• Captain Obvious
    Captain Obvious

I was about to start a thread just like this, and figured this thread deserved a resurrection bump.

This very moment I am sipping from a Glencairn glass a wee dram of my current favourite malt... Aberlour A'bunadh. Batch #37. Cask strength. Damn it's good! Floral and fruity on the nose with a bit of caramel. Heavy but sweet taste with a looooooooooooooong finish. I know it's 8:00 am... Don't judge! I just came home from a night shift.

My other faves are Aberlour 12, Macallan 12,18 and 21 fine oak. Glenfarclas 25, Dalmore 12 and Oban 14.

Im not really one for the peated scotches but I'm trying to get into them... I have Lagavulin 16 and Laphroaig Quarter Cask.. They're tasty, but I can only have so much.

Do some people just like peaty scotches right away or does it take time? I feel like I'm missing out on something not loving the Islays.

• Splash
    Splash

I used to drink Lagavulin. My first bottle was a challenge, I bought it on someones recommendation. My last bottle of it I really loved. I would pour myself the smallest amount, sip, breathe, savour and swallow it, then over the course of the next hour or two I would enjoy the changing, developing flavours in my mouth.

Epic!

I dont like Bowmore, its like it's been matured with a bag of nails, and the metal taste remains.

I have open a smooth macallans, an oily and TCP smelling laphroiag, and a delicious Cragganmore. My next purchase will be a Glen Farclas

I dont mind adding a little water, as i like a strength of about 30%

Open in the cupboard are a few others for guests to try who might not have a palate that enjoys my choice of whisky.

I've found my likes change so I enjoy trying new ones every few years, but saying that, I have never been without a Macallans during the past 25 years.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Glenfiddich and Laphroaig are two of my go-to single malts, but my absolute favorite is Aberlour A'Bunadh:

Abelour A'bunadh

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

I'm a big sinner by your standards.

I drink cheap Clan McGregor on the rocks............. In the US it cost $20.00 per 1.50l bottle

• Ucantnome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit