Learning the "Truth" Is not true is like...................

by foolsparadise 33 Replies latest jw friends

• foolsparadise
    foolsparadise

After 33 years of being mind controlled at 5 meetings a week, field service meetings, special day assembly, curcuit assembly,district assembly, finding out "the truth" is just a big hoax is like getting punched in the stomach-uppercut in the jaw-being kicked in the balls from behind and then having the rug ripped out from under you and smashing your head on the ground. What was it like for everyone else?

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I already knew deep down. When I finally admitted it to myself, I just felt a rather unique, melancholy sadness.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

That sounds about right. Most of us have been there. It's no fun.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It was relief to know, really know that I wasn't crazy. I was just born and raised in the madness of the bOrg.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yes, it was like that for me (minus the balls), but I was relieved at the same time because I really hated the JW lifestyle that I was forced to follow.

• Satanus
    Satanus

It's like waking and finding yourself walking amisdt a pack of coyotes, and realising that your a wolf.

S

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

It's almost like actually waking up in The Matrix and taking the red pill.

It's the ultimate dupe for me, as I felt that I was highly intelligent and had fully understood that I actually found "the truth" when I accepted the doctrines of WTS. It's an insult and a strain on my ability to trust my own judgement.

I feel much better now, but it took some therapy.

• 2pink
    2pink

i think my response is similar to ATJ's....i always had nagging doubts. when i finally explored them and came to a conclusion, i was mostly just sad.

and i still am.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Is like..

Taking the lid off a full Gabage Can..

On a Hot Day..

Sweaty

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I agree with your accessment of finding out the truth and what it feels like.

The kicker is when you find out the truth about everything else.

Its all the same.

Everyone is lying and full of shxt.

The only verifiable truth is that we all die.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit