Need to make my home worth less. Any tips?

by wouldacouldashoulda 46 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Pick it up and put it in California

• Farkel
    Farkel

You could be like the guy who was ordered by a judge to evenly split the equity in the home with his wife.

He cut the house in half!

Farkel

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"I meant 7 years worth of dirty dishes!"

What, so you're saying you're hoarders?

• wouldacouldashoulda
    wouldacouldashoulda

I actually think the recession will do the job for me. My property has gone down in value about 130,000 dollars in the last year.

w

• Scully
    Scully

Why would you want to devalue your home to spite your soon-to-be ex-wife?

Seriously, that's like cutting off your nose to spite your face. You realize that YOU'LL be getting less too, right?

Listen, it's normal to want revenge when someone has hurt you, but if it were me, I'd be wanting to get the most money I could, so that I could get the most benefit, even if I had to split the profit with someone that had really pissed me off. As it is, you're going to be getting people trying to low-ball you on the sale, because they think you'll just take the first offer that comes along to speed up the proceedings. Don't make it easy for them.

Just my 2ยข.

• yknot
    yknot

If there is a standing court order......

Doing such could get you in hot water especially if you wife has pictures of the house before project devaluation takes place.

Maybe it is best to cut your losses for all the things you stand to gain from being rid of her......

• wouldacouldashoulda
    wouldacouldashoulda

Farkel

YOu are joking with me. Send me a link if its true!

w

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

"I actually think the recession will do the job for me."

I thought of something similiar when I first read your topic, so maybe you really don't have to do a thing

• yknot
    yknot

So are yall having to sell or you just having to buy her out?

• John Doe
    John Doe

It's fortunate there are no kids. I pity anyone having to put up with this crap.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit