"My Book of Bible Stories" returned for being "too violent for kids." You Agree?

by Witness 007 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• nelly136
    nelly136

donut was the original usa version a prototype oversight ? just wondering why it would be different, later usa editions coloured in?

• cantleave
    cantleave

The first editions were printed in 3 colour and were rather dull. The later editions were 4 colour (to keep the kids awake after playing passive computer games).

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Not to hijack, but I was very interested in JWoods' comment about the Dr. Kildare blood transfusion episode.

Very interesting. I looked up info, here it is:

Dr. Kildare episode 132. Reverence For Life

First aired: 4/29/1965
    Writer:
    Director:
    Guest star: Norman Fell (Dr. Keith Mayes) , Dennis Weaver (Wayne Wandemeir), Phyllis Love (Ruth Wandemeir), Frank Maxwell (Vincent Thompson), Shannon Farnon (Nurse Janice Elke), Ron Husmann (Dr. Walt Stringfellow), Jeanne Rainer (Irene Fairly), Christopher Harris (Richard Wandemeir), Peter Brocco (Druggist), Curt Conway (Judge Raynolds)
    Global rating:

Kildare resorts to legal maneuvers when a critically injured woman refuses a blood transfusion because of religious beliefs.

• monkeyman
    monkeyman

Who had the brain fart ideas for this book for kids??? I thought it was embarassing when it came out.

• steve2
    steve2

For goodness sake, get over the violence depicted in Watchtower books for children. Which ever way you dress it up or down, the Bible itself is a violent book. All the watchtower did was make pictures of things described in the Bible. Children are exposed to a lot of violence on a daily basis - the 6.00pm news on TV, newspapers with graphic pictures of mutilated bodies. It's called life.

• villabolo
    villabolo

Does any Watchtower literature show Lot's daughters having sex with their father?

• Farkel
    Farkel

Thank God I never had to raise my kids with the child-abuse shit the Watchtower Corporation prints for kids.

I grew up with the original WTS horror book for kids: That 1958 classic "From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained." The only nice thing about that book was its pink color.

There was this two page drawing of live people falling to their deaths in a gorge opened up by God at Armageddon. What really horrified me as a kid was a dog was falling to its death, too! What possible reason would the WTS want kids to see their loving psychopathic killer 'Jehovah' murdering an innocent dog?

Farkel

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

What really horrified me as a kid was a dog was falling to its death, too! What possible reason would the WTS want kids to see their loving psychopathic killer 'Jehovah' murdering an innocent dog?

That dog's owner did not serve Jehober and so was a worldly dog! He deserved to die!

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I was really horrified that the kids bicycle fell into the gorge too. What a waste of a perfectly good bicycle. And what the f**k did the little doggie do?

• seawolf
    seawolf

Sounds like the lady wasn't used her kids dining at Joe Hovah's spiritual buffet table. Satan caused her kids to satanically choke on the fine spiritual food till they needed the holy Heimlich maneuver performed on them.

O' Joe Hovah O' armies return must be very close indeed!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit