"My Book of Bible Stories" returned for being "too violent for kids." You Agree?

by Witness 007 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Obviously a book written for kids by old dumb Morons at Bethel the book starts with Abels murder {with pictures for the kids} People begging to get into the ark before drowning to death...a good lesson for kiddies! A women putting a tent peg thru someones temple {with pictures} Moses killing an Egyptian. etc. etc A horrified atheist lady returned the books my Mother gave as "gifts" {count 2 placements} after seeing the horrific topics, she decided it was "not apropriate for her kids."

funny worldly folks thinking "our" books are too violent for kiddies! I fully agree....kids need "the Wiggles" and "Playschool" not this scary crap!

• dinah
    dinah

Good for that mother. That is some horrible stuff for little eyes.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

Being brought up in that faith - I never questioned it - I considered it normal. When looking back now....it's shocking really - to see the terror on those faces and think "they deserve because they didn't listen to jehovah""

• DaCheech
    DaCheech

i convinced my wife to ban the book.

my wife and I can watch horror/sci-fi, but the kids can stick to the wiggles. even Tom and Jerry riles up my children and I gotta avoid it

• leftchica
    leftchica

wow! just goes to show you how as a witness you have blinders on.

• Edington
    Edington

As soon as the book was released I felt the pictures were too violent for young children.........but then thats just me being overly critical & not appreciating ALL the effort of the FDS providing FATPT.

Ed

• AwSnap
    AwSnap

I remember as a child that one story in there where the king was holding that baby upside down with a sword in his hands. The mother was begging for him not to slice her child in 1/2. I still get the chills as to how horrified I was from that picture. Children have such vivid imaginations.

• brinjen
    brinjen
    I remember as a child that one story in there where the king was holding that baby upside down with a sword in his hands. The mother was begging for him not to slice her child in 1/2. I still get the chills as to how horrified I was from that picture. Children have such vivid imaginations.

That story gave me nightmares. I remember thinking how cruel Solomon was... to order to have the baby cut in two because the women were fighting over him. The picture of the mother clutching her baby as the flood waters were rising... that one gave me the chills too.

Good on the mother for returning that piece of crap.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Our CandleS did a brilliant video on that book too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hU-X1X-gyGE

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

That book gave me nightmares for years!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit