alone in the hse with opposite sex....is it crazy ??? or not??

by angel eyes 47 Replies latest jw friends

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

I had male friends when I was in and we would hang out at his house on our own, spend time with each other in a non-romantic way and nothing ever happened between us.

Lots of people knew and we never had any issues with anyone querying what we got up to. Men and women can be friends without sex getting in the way. That friendship taught me so much about men and what makes them tick.

• cantleave
    cantleave

When I was much younger, before I was married I used to work in a car showroom where we had a lovely looking receptionist. She didn't drive so it was normal for one of the salesman who had a company to drive her to to bank if she need to cash cheques etc and then to the train station so she could get home. It was my turn to do this one day and as I was waiting out side the bank for her one the elders saw me and decided to follow me to the train station. I was given an intererogation as to who she was, why there wasn't anyone else in the car with us, did I have any feelings for her etc. At the time I thought that the elders were concerned about my spiritual well being. In retrospect -WOW!! What a bunch prying gits.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It is completely out of balance. The witlesses are among the most sex-negative religions on the planet--only Islam (maybe) is worse. The witlesses are supposed to be totally chaste, and that means everything they do with the opposite sex has to be something to do with the misery. If two members of the opposite sex are alone together, even for a moment, it will stumble others and will be censored.

Exception: A hounder with a hounding call, where he can round up little girls and molest them out of sight of their parents.

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

flipper!!!!!!!!!!!! what!!!!!!!!!!!! how can they justify that!!!

• Stan Conroy
    Stan Conroy

I have a bizzarre tale that is just the opposite. Many years ago I was separated from my wife at the time because she had admitted to cheating on me numerous times. She moved in with one of her boyfriends. I filed for divorce and was dragged to the back room to face the JC. They said that I didn't have grounds for a "spiritual divorce" or whatever the hell they called it. When they had questioned her she said they were only splitting the rent, and there was no sex involved. Shed a tear or two also, very convincing to these fools. Anyway, I was told that I had to cancel the divorce proceedings because I didn't have grounds from the JW point of view. I kept reminding them that she was living with another man. Didn't matter they said. Idiots.

The whole incident culminated in a nasty exchange that was over heard by others, and made the elder-idiots look really stupid to others. It's amazing I never got DF'd over that incident because it was seconds away from a full fledge physical fight. They accused me of having no respect for the elders, at which point I responded something along the lines of them not earning respect. It was great!

They called for more meetings but I told them my life was none of their business and I wouldn't talk about it with them. Another year or so and I was gone for good.

• carla
    carla

I can recall many stories of elders visiting (usually good looking females) when no man was in the house. One story I remember the woman was literally in a towel after her shower telling her 6 yr old son not to open the door, too late, the elders pushed their way in and attempted to have conversation all the while she was telling them it was not a good time. They wanted a commitment to when she would see them. I have also read stories where elders show up at women's home when they know full well the husband is not home and often late at night.

As usual jw's ask what they are not willing to do themselves. in this case it is the elders and r & f fall in line with their warped perverted thoughts. Elders must be the most perverted people to think everybody is thinking of nothing but sex 24/7, tells you where their own minds are. But then these men are chosen by the Holy Spirit right?

what an ungodly lot.

• Charlie Cheddar
    Charlie Cheddar

Yes i agree.

Two unattached people of opposite sex may well be comfortable with eachother whist they are just by themselves in an alone setting.

Just because they are in such a setting does not mean they are suddenly going to give into a fleshly temptation, rip eachothers clothes off, and get shagging.

As Blondie has illustrated with the Watchtower extracts, i think this is a WTBTS teaching that is both paranoid and narrow minded.

Good topic.

CC

• flipper
    flipper

WANTSTOLEAVE- Yes, it was an awful eye opening experience with those elders. I thought to myself , " I just got reinstated a year and a half ago and was DFed for 4 years. I worked so hard to come back to THIS treatment !? " Nope, not me. I was out of there moments later. I had my epiphany or moment of clarity regarding the JW organization right then and there.

ANGEL EYES- The elders couldn't justify it. But you learn after being in the Jehovah's Witness organization for 44 years like I was - that the elders DON"T NEED justification for decisions they make - they have all the authority they need given to them by the WT society. Remember they are"allegedly" appointed by holy spirit ? Not . They are just men cherishing the power they wield over others

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit