alone in the hse with opposite sex....is it crazy ??? or not??

by angel eyes 47 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

Most of my closest friends are men. Clothes are never ripped off. Mr. Dinah doesn't care if I'm home alone with them.

I always thought it was blown completely out of proportion. It's almost like it's the WT writer's and everyone else who has a problem keeping their pants on and they project that onto us.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Even if I wasn't married having a man in the house is not a signal to automatically let the clothes fly and succumb to doing the nasty on the kitchen floor.

Especially if there's plenty of counter space.

W

• snowbird
    snowbird

It is blown out of proportion.

I've worked the entire night alone with a male officer, just me, him, stray cats, and nutria, down by the river side.

NOTHING happened.

We're grown-ups, for crying out loud!

Sylvia

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Agree completely Dinah.

My suggestion to them is put some serious issues, like the possibility of you child being molested by that wonderful loving brother in the congregation in the lime light. Let's tackle some serious issues instead of little stuff... like not wearing a jean skirt to the KH or being alone with the opposite sex not to mention the latest no holding hands during prayer.

• caliber
    caliber

The word "stumbling " is overused... the word "trust " is never heard except of course "trust in Jah"

The message... trust no one not even yourselves... (the Elders and GB are considered excepts to this idea however

they always do the wise and loving thing )...

• compound complex
    compound complex

I nearly blew a gasket when the CO said that a brother comforting a crying sister was "caught" hugging her in the back room at the KH. Someone happened to open the door, and a shock wave rippled through the building.

He spoke admonishingly to all, indicating that such an occurrence would be subject to judicial action. Should the door have remained open?

I don't get it ...

CoCo

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

what?!?!?! a c/o said it could have basically been a judicial ,atter if it were to happen again??? Is that what your saying??

NONSENCE....I'd have loved the c/o to say that to me, id have said how loving it was for that shepherd to hug that sister, if im crying id love a hug, i dont want a pat on the sholder. They are our brothers!!!! yes balance taken into consideration but lets look at the whole picture..was the brother an adulterer?? if so then yes maybe it wouldnt have been ideal...if not then..nothing wrong!!! There is one elder i always greet every meeting in my old cong with a kiss...a comment was made, yuk his 80 odd, and he said we couldnt kiss anymore,i did try but after two meetings i just couldnt..so i went over to him gave hima big hug and a kiss and said "im sorry but i love you, ive know you since i was a baby and why shouldnt i greet my brother with a kiss"..he agreed and its always remained the same.

Im very affectionate and i love hugging and kissing my spiritual family, actually and my friends, in and out the truth..thats me and Jah wouldnt want that to change... So this is me and thats that...yay

• mouthy
    mouthy

"EVIL DO THOSE WHO EVIL THINK"

• compound complex
    compound complex

AE:

The CO must have been making his own personal "statement" because a like situation elsewhere could have been portrayed in a far less negative way. He made it very clear how inappropriate their behavior was, and that they were fortunate not to have been dealt with more harshly by the brothers.

Not all take such a harsh, unyielding view.

CoCo

• blondie
    blondie

*** w96 10/15 p. 17 par. 11 Husband and Elder—Balancing the Responsibilities ***Elders in particular need to be especially careful when helping sisters in the congregation. They should avoid being alone when visiting a sister who is in need of counsel and comfort. They would do well to be accompanied by another elder, a ministerial servant, or even their wife if it is a matter of just making an encouraging call.—1 Timothy 5:1, 2.

*** w93 5/15 p. 22 par. 17 Shepherd the Flock of God Willingly ***We should not imagine that Jehovah’s people are immune to such temptations. One respected elder who had served faithfully for years became involved in immorality because he made shepherding calls on a married sister when she was alone. Though repentant, the brother lost all his service privileges. (1 Corinthians 10:12) How, then, can appointed older men make shepherding visits in such a way that they will not fall into temptation? How can they arrange for a measure of privacy, for prayer, and for an opportunity to consult God’s Word and Christian publications?

*** w91 11/15 pp. 21-22 par. 14 "An Overseer Must Be . . . Self-Controlled" ***Elders must be keenly alert to exercise self-control when it comes to their dealings with those of the opposite sex. It is inadvisable for an elder to make a shepherding call on a sister alone. The elder should be accompanied by another elder or a ministerial servant. Likely appreciating this problem, Paul counseled the elder Timothy: "Entreat . . . older women as mothers, younger women as sisters with all chasteness." (1 Timothy 5:1, 2) Some elders have been seen putting their hands on a sister as if with a fatherly gesture. But they could be deceiving themselves, for a romantic impulse instead of pure Christian brotherly affection could well be motivating such a gesture.—Compare 1 Corinthians 7:1.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit