If you pray, do you say 'Jehovah'...?

by wantstoleave 61 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Jehovah is NOT a transliteration of anything, it is a combination of letters: YHWH with Adonai or Elohim.

• sacolton
    sacolton

Correct, PSacramento. It's just a guess. It's like someone trying to guess your name without the vowels (PSCRMNT) and then inserting some vowels to make it pronounceable. Without knowing the correct vowels - what would we get?

PASCORMENTA?

PISCARIMONTE?

POSCIREMATO?

Now, how would you feel if people were calling you by the above names?

This is how JEHOVAH came into existence. It's just a guess.

... and it was discovered by a CATHOLIC monk! LOL!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

sacolton or is it seculten ?

;)

The fact that the WT recognises this in their book " the name that will endure" and yet still profess that it is the name of God and JW's believe it, shows that they don't even pay attention to their OWN literature and research !!

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

I guess I still got to do more research based on these comments on here but Yes I say Jehovah... but mainly end "In Jesus name amen". I use to feel so embarassed when I was a JW cause all the Brothers said it so perfectly. I admired good prayers and tried to practise... but my grandma always told me he will hear your prayers and he see your heart. So all that matters if it comes from your heart and you do it in respect. (totally think Outlaw is hilarious though... lol... and then mouthy's comment following )

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

i say jehovah-you say god.am i or you going to be destroyed for being mislead.

• QuestForThruth
    QuestForThruth

When I pray,I think of the meaning of the name.

Jehovah=The hebrew verb "to be", not often explicitly used, is YeHiYeH, meaning "will be" in the future tense, HoWeH in the present tense, meaning "is", and HaYaH in the past tense, meaning "was". The combination YHWH is an amalgamation of the three tenses, creating a tense of the verb "to be" which is simultaneously in the past, present, and future. YeHoWaH is composed of the beginning syllable of the future tense, followed by the first syllable of the present tense, with an ending indicative of the past tense.

VS

We now see how the first part of the Sacred Name "Yah" was changed to "Jeh" as the "J" developed and the "a" was replaced with "e" to hide the name.

The suffix "hovah" is No. 1943 in Strong's Hebrew Dictionary and has the meaning of "ruin: mischief." It is another form of No. 1942, havvah, which is translated "calamity, iniquity, mischief, mischievous (thing), naughtiness, naughty, noisome, perverse thing, substance, very wickedness."

Brown, Driver, Briggs, Gesenius says of No. 1943, hovah: "ruin, disaster."

From this we can see the folly of calling the Creator of this universe-the One we worship-Jehovah. For in calling upon this hybrid name we are in actuality beseeching a mighty one whose name carries the meaning, "The One Who creates ruin, creates mischief, creates calamity, creates iniquity, creates naughtiness, creates perverse things, creates very wickedness."

Yahweh=He will become

and now we come back in this topic http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/178567/2/Does-the-name-Jehovah-actually-exist-in-the-original-Hebrew-language

Yahuwah/Yahuweh="I am he who exist"

Jesus/Yeshua/Yahushua="Yahuwah is salvation" (Bye Bye trinity)

In the past the people name have always a meaning,it is recently that a name have lost their signification.

Ex:Peter : Π?τρος , Pétros, Kephas=“Rock” if peter was able to talk in all languages don`t you think that "Rock" can be OK?

If "Yahuwah" is not the perfect pronounciation but have not lost the real meaning and when we pray we know that,its really a good start.

God have confused the languages at the babel tower,the original pronounciation of "I am he who exist" can have been lost and who know if Yah want that all of us call is name in the hebrew pronounciation...

• White Dove
    White Dove

"OH, MIGHTY ISIS!" Remember that one? That's the coolest prayer ever!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Yaweh is on the Qabala framework. It's just a level of spirituality and development.

• freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

I dont call him anything i just talk like he's sitting with me.

• White Dove
    White Dove

Freedom,

Talking outloud in with an imaginary friend can get you committed if you get caught

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit