Bethel Doctor--Is it me, or was this odd??

by Sherri 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• crownboy
    crownboy

He's a Bethel doctor; obviously he was moved to do so by the holy spirit.

• termite 35
    termite 35

Hi Sherri , good to have you here.

To be honest I found this really offensive.

What the hell was doing? I find it VERY odd that an internal exam was carried out on you ,nurse or no nurse present.

When ever I get an exam like this it's for a gynae check (eg smear test or a pregnancy date conformation ,cancer scare etc) and never without an explaination.

Unless you went to him with a specific complaint about your 'nether regions' - or he explained to you the reason for the exam( and it sounded reasonable and you agreed )there's no bloody reason at all and he was being at least, unprofessional and at worst; well, he sounds like a pervert to me........I bet that's happened a few more times before and since...

If it was me i'd write to him and ask to see a copy of your notes and see why he found it necessary

Termite xx ( professional perv.spotter class)

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

You just might have a good basis for a lawsuit.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

I think there is such a thing as "statue of limitations" (meaning, you've got to file in a reasonable amount of time) I don't think 20 years qualifies.

This also applies to this thread!!!! LOL

• Scully
    Scully

Something just occurred to me.....

Maybe he was instructed to check all the unmarried sisters to make sure their virginity was intact. Sick beyond belief, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Love, Scully

• SLOAN
    SLOAN

I don't know about you guys but this is DISTURBING if you ask me!!!!!!!!!!

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

You know Scully, you might have hit on the correct answer. They are such control freaks it would be consistent with their mindset to find an excuse to check on such a thing. I have no doubt that fact was included in the report.

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

" was at Bethel with my now ex-husband" She was married at the time.

Settle down kids, don't go beyond what is written.

• Kismet
    Kismet

Not that it changes anything but this thread was resurrected from Dec 28, 2001

Just an FYI

• Joyzabel
    Joyzabel

LOL Kismet, see above comments: ""statue of limitations"

This also applies to this thread!!!!

Edited by - joy2bfree on 6 January 2003 23:48:0

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit