Bethel Doctor--Is it me, or was this odd??

by Sherri 33 Replies latest jw experiences

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

It's funny that Bethel only takes the rebelious ones that go to college.

Slipnslidemaster:"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is."
    - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

• IslandWoman
    IslandWoman

Sherri,

When my husband was in Bethel the dentist there insisted that novacaine was not needed for the cavity he was going to drill out. Well, my husband kept complaining about the pain but the Bethel dentist kept saying just a little bit more! The Bethel dentist drilled out the whole inside of a molar leaving only the shell without using novacaine!! Sadism!

IW

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

This thread is interesting, but there are a few misconceptions said above. It has been correctly stated that TB is a communicable disease. It is often spread by the coughing of an infected person and those within six feet of the person coughing are in danger. Talking and sneezing also can spread the disease to others nearby. Being a receptionist in an x-ray department is a low risk occupation, IMHO. Sitting in a theater, in front of an infected person who coughs is far more risky.

While lung infections with TB are the most common they are certainly not the only type of TB infection. Bone infection with TB also occurs. If anyone is interested, I can look-up other types of TB infection.

If your skin test turned positive for the first time a chest x-ray and possibly sputum examinations may be in order. One does not usually get a positive skin test without having been infested. Most of us ward-off the disease and do not become ill as a result, but get it checked, please.

For more information here is a link from the World Health Organization: http://www.who.int/gtb/

Sam Beli

I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind. What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted. Solomon

• Sam Beli
    Sam Beli

Please do not be alarmed, Non Pulmonary Tuberculosis is uncommon in otherwise healthy people, but to have a more complete picture of the disease information can be found here: http://www.sp.uconn.edu/~terry/Spring96/WebTB2/Groups/Group8/Final.html#Introduction

A more general source of information can be found here from Columbia University: http://www.cpmc.columbia.edu/resources/tbcpp/

Sam Beli

I have seen all the works which have been done under the sun, and behold, all is vanity and striving after wind. What is crooked cannot be straightened and what is lacking cannot be counted. Solomon

• Sherri
    Sherri

Thanks for your concern. I have had follow-up since then and everything seems to be okay.

Thank you, Sam, for the information and links. I know that TB is once again being seen as a major world health issue.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

'Oh, your tooth hurts? Very well, take off your pants.....yup, those too.....BTW, did you know that there have been fabulous advances in the field of dentistry?"

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Is the World Health Organization part of the United Nations?

If so, then I can't listen...wait yes I can. Silly me, New light.

Slipnslidemaster:"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is."
    - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

• rhett
    rhett

At least he didn't do the exam orally!

I don't need to fight
    To prove I'm right
    I don't need to be forgiven.

• ChuckD
    ChuckD

I had a similar experience recently in a department store. The salesman kept measuring my waist and inseam, and spending what I thought to be far too much time with his tape measure pressed near my genitalia. He assured me that an accurate measurement was important, but still, I was not measured this carefully any other time that I bought a toaster.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

LOL@Chuck

April
    "Love never dies." Voivodul Vlad Draculea (from Bram Stoker's Dracula-1992)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit