"They are only human"

by Georgiegirl 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

(sorry for untitled post before - my PC must have the demunz)

Am I the only one who gets incredible irritated by the excuse "they are only human"? I mean - REALLY? Geez, I had NO idea. It never occurred to me the GB was actually HUMAN. Cause now that I know THAT, it certainly explains and excuses everything!!! I'm just so relieved to have that cleared up for me!!!!

Let's see...

Adolf Hitler? Only human!!! So it's ok!

Jim Jones? YES! Only human! Totally excusable that he thought he was annointed from God!

David Berg! (Children of God) I mean - what's sanctioned rape of children when clearly YOU ARE ONLY HUMAN just trying to serve God the best way you know how???

It amazes me that the phrase "they are only human" has become soooo indoctrinated into the hearts and minds of JWs that it can be used as the final answer whenever there IS no good, right, or real answer. How they handled pedophiles? Well..really...the light just keeps getting brighter and after all...WE'RE ONLY HUMAN. Failed predictions and interpretations of prophecy for over a hundred years? Pffft! Seriously, people - you are all upset about THAT? Come on!!! We are ...wait for it....

YES! ONLY HUMAN!!!

(sigh)

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

So were all the false prophets in Israel's day. They got a bad fate. So were the reliogious leaders of Jesus day. He had the strongest of words for them. The point of that ridiculous excuse??

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Powerful logic Georgiegirl.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Its a shame the great god Jah isn't going to say "they are only human" before he destroys billions at Armageddon for being..........oh yeah - only human.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Sounds like your computer and the JWs could use a Dogbert style exorcism:

• snowbird
    snowbird

"We're only human" should have been Russell's, Rutherford's, Knorr's and Franz's watchwords.

That would have saved themselves and others a lot of grief.

Sylvia

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

You and I............ "only human".

oh..wait that's no excuse for us.

lisa

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

good point cantleave. That defense only applies to the org. They always have had 2 sets of rules...one for themself and one for everyone else. Others name a date for the end to come- false propehts! The GB- misplaced zeal/wrong expectations/eagerness to see Jehovah's name vindicated

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Thats my avatar on Ronnies board, bluecanary. My favorite!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Whoa whoa whoa Lisa. Only the Gb can use that one!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit