by Georgiegirl 35 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

New Light fom the WBT$..

Gas

They are only Human..

• Georgiegirl
    Georgiegirl

Well...except for ME of course. I am a goddess. ;)

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

I HATE that saying!!!

"They are only human"

"wait on Jehovah"

"if Jehovah allows it"

My response is usually "well, I am human too, and I dont treat people like that nor do I expect to be treated like that by someone professing to be a Christian!"

blah,blah,blah....................................usually all excuses to let a-holes off the hook in the organization!

It reminds me of my favorite bumper sticker which I have wanted to buy for many a "Brother":

"Jesus LOVES You - But Everyone Else Thinks You are an ASSHOLE!"

• bluecanary
    bluecanary
    Thats my avatar on Ronnies board, bluecanary. My favorite!

Figures. I've heard a rumor that bluecanary is AllTimeJeff. Can't think of who started that one . . . .

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

I don't know who started it... I think it brings down bluecanary a notch or two... That shouldn't happen....

• caliber
    caliber

little mistakes not big mistakes

some mistaken ideas may be just too hard to accept however

You may get shxt on

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Great thread.

Which is it, then? Only human... or Spirit Directed (tm) and allowed to judge me, sentence me, or even condemn me to death (with bogus medical directives) all in the name of the most high?

• Cthulhu
    Cthulhu

A sister that I view as nothing less than an actual sister and I were having a conversation over lunch the other day and she asked me if I ever planned on coming back, to which I replied "there's a lot of things I see, both organizationally and doctrinally, that I just cannot agree with. If they ever cleared it all up, there is the chance that I would be more inclined to come back than I am now." She used the classic line being here discussed..."well, they are imperfect men." She wasn't ready for the logic that was to follow (granted, we are still great friends, one of the few I still have from the Hell, but she has yet to learn to use the logical reasoning part of her brain). I said "that is true. But would you accept that as an answer from someone you went to preach to that was a Catholic?" "Well no." "See the point? Why is it any different?" She had no response.

• lepermessiah
    lepermessiah

I said "that is true. But would you accept that as an answer from someone you went to preach to that was a Catholic?" "Well no." "See the point? Why is it any different?"

I AM SO going to use that one - Thanks Cthulhu!!!!

• Spook
    Spook

I say, "Yes, exactly. They are only ordinary humans without any special knowledge, education or insight into bible languages, world history, science or theology. That's exactly why you should be completely comfortable openly disagreeing with them. Any ordinary human would have no trouble with that."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit