About posting your picture be careful!

by spectromize 45 Replies latest jw friends

• waiting
    waiting

Ozzgal, it's downright weird that the Society tells strangers to investigate their own religious beliefs to see if they really conform to the Bible. But if WE investigate, even read the Society's old literature, say anything that's not current - we should do it in private lest someone should tell on us.

As teenagers, we used to sneak Playboys and romance novels in our house - now it's any religious commentary not spoken by the Watchtower Society!!

SevenofNive, I could post a picture like yours if I chose to clip a picture out of Glamour magazine. My biased, self-centered opinion is that's what you must have done- because I've read your posts and you SEEM intelligent and SEEM to be a regular Witness - I just find it too hard for my small mentality to grasp that you could be beautiful also. So, therefore, I must surmize it is you who must be clipping Glamour magazine pictures, and not a womanly mean spirit in me!!

Besides that, when your 50, your boobs and butt are going to fall just like the rest of us - have a good day!

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Sometimes when I think of the people who attend the KH, I really wonder why I would ever want to spend eternity with them. So many are so small-minded and hypocritical. I just can't imagine that Jehovah would murder so many wonderful people in the world and spare these bigoted imbeciles.

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Seven, I've always felt the same way. I could never quite get it when the talks would be given castigating other religions for providing food, clothing, and medical care to third-world peoples. It was always pointed out that JW's were giving these people "everlasting life" by placing magazines with them and studying with them, but the other religions were just providing for material things in this life.

Presumably, asking these people for money to buy literature was SO much better than giving them food to keep them alive. To me, it just seemed that the WTBTS was awfully cheap. They just didn't want to spend any of their millions to help people materially.

• Seven
    Seven

Rhw, The Society surely has the fundage to provide
    for both the material and spiritual needs of those
    people you speak of in third-world countries. Maybe no one would object if we purchased some highlighters for them. It is obscene to ask these
    people to purchase literature.

• Frenchy
    Frenchy

I think that a woman can be both beautiful and intelligent as well. I really don't see a down side to large, firm boobs and tight butts. While it's true that you can't keep them forever, why not enjoy them while they are there?!?!

I promise not to hold it against you, Seven, that you are pretty, how's that? I will continue to treasure your comments, your wit and intelligence regardless of how good you look!

• Seven
    Seven

Thanks Frenchy! I knew I could rely on you. ;)

• Seven
    Seven

Rhw, Since we are on the subject of posting pictures, are there any of your horses you could post? I would love to see them.

• overthehillgrandma
    overthehillgrandma

more like an oxemoron

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

I think I might have a couple of pictures of the horses that are fairly decent.

Most of the pictures, however, are either of the end of a horse's nose because they walk right up while you're taking the picture to investigate the camera, or they're of horses at a distance because they are in "run away, run away, a monster is trying to eat us" mode.

It would help if my husband could hold them for pictures, but he's usually too busy moaning about the plight of being male.

• waiting
    waiting

I noticed while reading the conversation between 7 and Redhorse, that after a half dozen or so, Frenchy pops in. Does he follow the thought process of these two women? No, he falls to the level of cheap humor (like I did). Poetry and cheap humor, hummmmmm.

7, I still contend that you must have big feet, don't wear deoderant, something that we older ones can feel smug about. I'm quite sure of it - even though I don't have a shread of evidence. We women do that down South - Frenchy can confirm that truth.

7, don't give up or in to your family. Sometimes, your kindness can break barriers, or soften them. Boundries can be set for everyone's benefit. My son and I strongly disagreed over his life style during college. We loved each other dearly. We finally came to the mutal decision that we would "agree that we disagreed" and put that one big issue aside while trying to rebuild our polite conversation skills with each other.

That developed into lunch every other Tuesday, which was a blessing for me, because that was after my therepy, and I really needed a friendly face and hug (even though I had to buy his lunch every time.)

Sometimes, when you can't talk face to face, Hallmark cards work wonders - especially the joke ones. My kids & I send cards to each other all the time - and it's worth the effort because it makes us laugh - and that's a great gift.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit