I can't help that I think less of poor spellers

by gubberningbody 63 Replies latest jw friends

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Sigh....I feel the same.......*ducks and runs*........even though it is "just the internet," misspelled words and poor grammar are like fingernails on a chalkboard to me. I make my living as a writer and I have to be meticulous about words I send out into the universe. I hate to acknowledge this, but it is similar to OCD.

How many found Reniaa's writing easy to read?

I found her thoughts and logic fairly intelligent and consistent - while her expression of them was atrocious. And of course, her conclusions were skewed.

• PEC
    PEC

Baby Monkeycartoon funny finger cartoonsfunny cat cats kitty kitties kitten kittens

• White Dove
    White Dove

I only meant her run-on sentences, poor grammar, and misspelling. I wrote like that in the third grade.

• White Dove
    White Dove

I wonder how Bush writes. If it's as good as he speaks, it's doesn't bode well for Harvard.

• John Doe
    John Doe

Amazing how many people "correct" others when a quick check of the dictionary reveals something else.

dis·re·spect (dsr-spkt)

n. Lack of respect, esteem, or courteous regard. tr.v.dis·re·spect·ed, dis·re·spect·ing, dis·re·spects To show a lack of respect for: disrespected her elders; disrespected the law.

• John Doe
    John Doe

These are what irritate me the most, though they grammatical in nature:

You forgot to put a verb in that dependant clause there bub.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I wonder how Bush writes. If it's as good as he speaks, it's doesn't bode well for Harvard.

Ok.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    It is very wrong and self-righteous of me to that.

Missing word.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    What bothers me is when people purposefully do not use correct writing techniques in a way that makes their post very difficult to read. Writing in all caps or not using caps at all.

Does writing in fragments annoy you?

• John Doe
    John Doe
    Would you take someone who wrote this seriously? I wouldn't.

Dangling modifier.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit