I can't help that I think less of poor spellers

by gubberningbody 63 Replies latest jw friends

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I just do.

If a thread title has misspelled words or someone's rant has misspelled words, all I see are those ragged, misplaced letters all akimbo.

It's like watching early morning TV and I can't notice anything said by the fat woman who doesn't know how to dress for her figure.

I just think silently ... "You're fat and you dress poorly. How can you stand it?"

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Yup, we all have our crosses to bear....

• John Doe
    John Doe

You sound ocd. . .

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

I feel like that character Dexter.

I have to fake normal.

At least when I was a JW I had an excuse, now I know it's just me.

I never had any real friends, but the funny part is that it never bothered me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ageR58yU6ro&annotation_id=annotation_963185&feature=iv

• watson
    watson

Funny..

• parakeet
    parakeet

gubberningbody [sic], I taught freshmen comp 101 for two years when I was a grad assistant, so I know how irritating poor spelling can be.

Maybe this will help ease your pet peeve: I told my students that when they write home to their parents (back in the days of snail mail) or write first drafts for a paper, good spelling and grammar are nice but not essential. Only formal papers, such as term papers, theses, dissertations, or anything that will be published, need to be groomed for spelling and grammar.

I view this board as a group of people who are informally chatting with one another. These comments aren't intended for the next great American (or Brit or Aussie) bestseller. It's just people "talking."

Relax and read for content and not for spelling errors.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

here, here, parakeet. your sew rite

• White Dove
    White Dove

I'm the same way. I have to be very careful with how I spell and write things for college. It reaches into my daily life and influences me to be critical of the poor little bastard who only knows how to tween text on a board this size and doesn't know spell check from the hole in their butt.

It's not their fault that they decided on their own to pioneer instead of graduating high school with an A or B average instead of a D.

It's not their fault for deciding all on their own to not go to college but, instead, to go to Bethel or pioneer full time while flipping burgers with teeny-boppers part time while living in their elder father and elderette mother's basement while growing gray in the temples.

Nope, it's not their fault at all that jobs that pay a living wage require a resume' and cover letter that they have no idea how to create.

It's not their fault that they have nothing to put in the experience section of said resume', except for that awsome study they had last week that is progressing toward baptism. Why are we being so mean to these poor pions? Hmm?

It's not fair to be so intollerant of those poor janitors and window washers who are illiterate and had no one to encourage them to stay in school and learn, except for the few teachers they had from K-12th grades. Quit picking on those poor little illiterate bastards! It's mean!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Parakeet,

Your awesum!

• StoneWall
    StoneWall

Dawn't let it bauther ya.

Sumtimes peeple have sleep depravation or a drinkin praublem.

Ore maybee spent to many yeers in secont grad.

(the preceeding paragraph has many misspellings to see if I can give gubberningbody a nervous twitch or some other

disorder)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit