COs Disappearing Latest

by wouldacouldashoulda 61 Replies latest jw friends

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

Agree with Blues Brother. When I was young we had some awesome COs. Most of them had a really good sense of humor. It's like they were higher up on the totem pole so they weren't afraid to be lively. The last few COs were dull in their speaking skills and cruel in their interactions with individuals.

• Gordy
    Gordy

Likewise the CO's I knew in my early days as a JW, where great speakers, sense of humour, they often put down some overbearing Elder.
    They were guys who had spent years in service, and had that attitude of "I've heard it all before"

A classic occasion was one CO, was doing his Thursday night meeting thing, and asked what was wrong in a picture in the Watchtower.
    A sister answered that one of the men had a beard.
    The CO came back with "There is nothing wrong with any Christian man having a beard, after all Jesus had one."
    Well you could hear the gasp from the congregation.
    But no brother in the congregation ever put that to the test.

Then it later years we ended up with CO's who thought they really were "Jehovahs gift" to the Circuit.

There was one who we thought was single, but turned out his wife was in a mental home.
    He was an overbearing, self-righteous prat.
    If he was giving a talk and a child cried, he would stop and wait until itwas taken out the Hall.
    He embarrassed many a mother doing that.

Another one went on about how by the end of the 20th. century.
    The United Nations will turn on religion.
    I remember how he manipulated scriptures and WT articles, and UN documents to prove it.

I think now they have all become Watchtower men. More interested in keeping the Rank and File in order

• dissed
    dissed

Gordy - If he was giving a talk and a child cried, he would stop and wait until it was taken out the Hall.
    He embarrassed many a mother doing that.

A brother called, to tell me a visiting CO did that at his cong. He felt like turning off the sound on this guy. I forget his name, maybe the same guy.

He called later and said he did it at the Circuit Ass. After the CA, some of the Elders approached him and firmly counseled him.

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

Single CO and pretty nice guy, John Kuss

• yesidid
    yesidid

Gregor I would be very surprised if your experience has more length and depth than mine.

And you stand by your statement below that you knew 6 co's whose wives were alcoholics?

But, not only did I know a half dozen situations as I described.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Who the hell are you? The District Attorney?

This subject seems to have touched a nerve with you, yesidid. For some reason you find this incredible. Yes, I stand by my experience as stated. I grew up in a large JW family in Southern California. We knew many CO's and their wives. In addition to the blood relatives in the Circuit work for a total of about 35 yrs., we knew several more CO's whos wives were severely depressed. It was not unusual to have a CO who's wife might make one appearance at a meeting and then stay in her quarters for the rest of the week with the CO explaining that she wasn't feeling well. It soon got around the circuit that this was apparently a chronic situation. My guess is that wives were the number one reason married CO's dropped out.

I have answered you truthfully. If you still don't believe it then I can only say you are in denial of a facet of the JW scene that many others are very well aware of. You seem very impressed with your own depth of experience.

• yesidid
    yesidid

Hi Gregor,

Your quote below, about severely depressed co's wives is very easy to believe. I've certainly seen that.

What I was questioning was your insinuation that the average co's wife is an alcoholic. I called you on it, and I see you don't stand by it.

Thank you.

In addition to the blood relatives in the Circuit work for a total of about 35 yrs., we knew several more CO's whos wives were severely depressed. It was not unusual to have a CO who's wife might make one appearance at a meeting and then stay in her quarters for the rest of the week with the CO explaining that she wasn't feeling well.

BTW, I am more saddened than impressed with the depth of my JW experience.

• Gregor
    Gregor

??? whatever.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

The brother who gave me the info on new CO's only under 40 cited an example. There is a PO dickwad that we both know who is also pioneering. Done so for years. His son went to Bethel for 5 years and he's out on his own. He is a substitute CO now. That's when the son said informally, don't expect to see any new CO's over 40.

I've heard many ex CO's complain that the WT needs to set up an old folks home for CO's. Most have no Social Security or retirement. The few that do have social security only qualify for the minimum. $450?

• yknot
    yknot

....How sad....

I prefer my COs over forty.... Okay about 45, single, in shape and witty (gonna stop typing hubby says that is inappropriate for me to say or even think)

Guess if the WTS can't get RAMAPO re-zoned they can build a retirement center there......oh wait we are talking the WTS and they ain't gonna give a rats patootie about them old codgers whose declining health is costing them $$$$ I bet they either unload the property for a nice profit or unload the property to a JW owned retirement company and have the owners bilk medicare for every penny they can and donate a sizable portion to the WTS for a long period of time......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit