COs Disappearing Latest

by wouldacouldashoulda 61 Replies latest jw friends

• wouldacouldashoulda
    wouldacouldashoulda

Hi Posters

Could someone give me the latest on COs and whether they are disappearing or not?

Please feel free to post recent links I may have missed.

Cheers

w

• blondie
    blondie

What I have seen is that there are substitute COs in many circuits that are local elders who take the place of COs when they have training, vacation, pioneer school, etc.

The WTS could possibly use these to handle the CO duties more and more in the future.

So far though the CO process persists. It is getting harder and harder to find elders who want to be COs and who stay in the "work" after a couple of years. With the recent layoffs at Bethel, it is possible that some of these have taken up the slack.

• yknot
    yknot

Just rumors still.......

Some speculation on the Spanish ExJW board by a fellow named Ordenoymando mostly having to do with things in Spain.

The COs in Spain now have SS paid into the Spainsh system like the RCC. The congregations are to send monies directly to the WTS versus green handshakes and expenditure sheets to the accounts servant.

For the most part the rumors stands at adding two additional special talks given by "CO-Lites" (chosen from circuit COBOE) and shifting CO visits to Thurs-Sun that are allegedly shaping up to happen sometime in 2011 (no word if that is 2010-2011 or 2011-2012).

• wouldacouldashoulda
    wouldacouldashoulda

Wow

I really believed this rumour!

Thanks all

w

• wobble
    wobble

It has got to be an area that the WTB$ can cut costs in,without any lessening of contributions.

They have always been about money, and now have a cash flow problem, it may have started as a rumour,but I do not doubt that it will happen in some form.

The Bethel Lurkers on here have probably put it in the suggestion box long ago,saving their own asses.

Love

Wobble

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I thought this thread was about COs getting knocked off by a serial killer.

• undercover
    undercover
    I thought this thread was about COs getting knocked off by a serial killer.

Death of a salesman

• Gregor
    Gregor

It is frightening to consider the future facing a bunch of 60+ yr old Circuit Overseers and their alcoholic spouses.

Imagine,

-you are born into the "truth", you withstand the sacrifices and humiliation of going through the public school system as a JW during the cold war.

-you drop out of high school, get married to a fellow believer and take on menial labor jobs of some kind and start "reaching out" in the organization, maybe pioneering. The fact that you put on a suit 3 times per week gives you a lot of self esteem after cleaning toilets all day. Your JW family and friends hold you in high regard.

-in the early seventies the "elder" arrangement comes along and you are catapulted into the inner-sanctum. You are an elder! You sit on judicial committees, give public talks and dish out counseling to others. "Hey, I guess I'm not a loser after all!" Come on Armageddon! I be ready now!

-by the mid 80's your physical body is starting to show the effects of hanging sheetrock, roofing houses or laying carpet 40 hours a week for 25 years. You have accumulated zero in savings, have no retirement plan, rent the house you live in and the witch doctor chiropracter is not helping your f'd up knees, spine, or whatever you have worn out trying to make a living.

-ah, Jehovah blesses you and you get into the Circuit work! Put a new transmission in the old Dodge, pack your life into a 23 ft used travel trailer and go to Bumfuck, Kansas.

-after five years this lifestyle soon takes it's toll on your menopausal, severely depressed wife who is now going through a case of cheap, screw cap burgundy a week.

-the only "joy" you are getting out of life is through becoming an arrogant, self-righteous and egotistical prick. You have become addicted to the paltry respect and deference your position brings.

-then you get a letter from your handlers in Brooklyn (that you have to read three times to get through the "loving arrangment" bs and realize you are being made redundant.

Holy shit! pass that jug, Mabel!

• yknot
    yknot

So do we as forum think that married COs (those without clout or DO appointment possibilities) will be the first to go in favor of keeping the superfine single brothers?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

It is frightening to consider the future facing a bunch of 60+ yr old Circuit Overseers and their alcoholic spouses.

Imagine,

-you are born into the "truth", you withstand the sacrifices and humiliation of going through the public school system as a JW during the cold war.

-you drop out of high school, get married to a fellow believer and take on menial labor jobs of some kind and start "reaching out" in the organization, maybe pioneering. The fact that you put on a suit 3 times per week gives you a lot of self esteem after cleaning toilets all day. Your JW family and friends hold you in high regard.

-in the early seventies the "elder" arrangement comes along and you are catapulted into the inner-sanctum. You are an elder! You sit on judicial committees, give public talks and dish out counseling to others. "Hey, I guess I'm not a loser after all!" Come on Armageddon! I be ready now!

-by the mid 80's your physical body is starting to show the effects of hanging sheetrock, roofing houses or laying carpet 40 hours a week for 25 years. You have accumulated zero in savings, have no retirement plan, rent the house you live in and the witch doctor chiropracter is not helping your f'd up knees, spine, or whatever you have worn out trying to make a living.

-ah, Jehovah blesses you and you get into the Circuit work! Put a new transmission in the old Dodge, pack your life into a 23 ft used travel trailer and go to Bumfuck, Kansas.

-after five years this lifestyle soon takes it's toll on your menopausal, severely depressed wife who is now going through a case of cheap, screw cap burgundy a week.

-the only "joy" you are getting out of life is through becoming an arrogant, self-righteous and egotistical prick. You have become addicted to the paltry respect and deference your position brings.

-then you get a letter from your handlers in Brooklyn (that you have to read three times to get through the "loving arrangment" bs and realize you are being made redundant.

Holy shit! pass that jug, Mabel!

That is the single funniest thing I've read on here all year. Hall of Fame!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit