Im new....posting hesitantly :)

by wantstoleave 45 Replies latest jw experiences

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Wow good on you! My husband and I had started smoking at the time (2007), and he was all for not being a witness. Then when I got the guilts and said we shouldnt smoke anymore, he got angry...but gave it up too. I was still toying with the idea of not being a witness anymore, but guess he backtracked and started telling me that I was stupid for doubting. Cut a long story short, turned out he'd been planning to leave me for a year before he actually did, and so I havent heard from him since. And Im still left with doubts..lol.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Sounds like you are better off without him.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Oh yes, definitely...I could write a book on the emotional abuse and neglect he subjected me to :(

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

You aren't going to make your children go though what you went though growing up, are you?

Let them be normal kids.

Keep reading...everything you can find. This will ease your doubts.

Don't tell the elders anything. They are not the boss of you.

e.

lisa

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Thanks Lisa :)

Ive kept my doubts to myself for years now. But am tired of living with questions, with doubt. Yet Ive never been 'worldly'...so dont know how to act 'normal'....lol. It all feels to foreign. I cant even bring myself to swear...lol.

• tigeress
    tigeress

wants to leave... you have a PM, go to the evenlope sign at the top of the screen next to your profile name

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Thanks Tigeress :) Lovely Pm. Ive replied :)

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

WTL, I dont think this forum has an email notification system to see if your topic has fresh post's you just have to keep coming on and looking!

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Cheers Jook...I just keep hitting 'active topics' and its keeping me up to date so far...lol

• aligot ripounsous
    aligot ripounsous

Welcome, Wants,

to introduce myself, I left, informally (didn't DA), about 4 months ago but if my experience can be of any help, I will say that before leaving for good, you have to make it clear in your mind that you must not do it with misgivings, regrets or guilt feelings. Reading the BEST OF on this site will help you transform your doubts into certainty about what harm this organization can do to the individuals and their families. Once you will have cleansed your mind of JW mental automatisms (starting with making a difference between the Bible teaching and the heavy stifling, and most of the time unscriptural, rules that the WTS inferes from this teaching in daily life), you will find that it's not so difficult to drop out altogether and that possible, probable, shunning from JWs is still better than faking. You will by then have gathered up strength to face the difficulties which will not fail to arise and you will be able to make decisions, such as the ones about divorcing and remarrying, in accord with your conscience, and Bible principles if you keep believing in them after you have sorted all that out, and not according to the WTS standards. Good luck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit