Have you Overcome Guilt & Fear Since Exiting Jehovah's Witnesses ?

by flipper 63 Replies latest jw friends

• Butterflyleia85
    Butterflyleia85

These I can relate...

• undercover
    undercover
    Have you Overcome Guilt & Fear Since Exiting Jehovah's Witnesses ?

Guilt is a useless emotion. I've conquered most of my guilt. I have regrets but I can't go back and redo the things I wished I had done different, so there's no point in beating myself up over it. Learn from the mistake and move on, determined to not make the same mistake again.

Fear is useful...if in the proper situation and context. Irrational fear is not useful. Most fear that we learned as JWs is irrational. Fear of the "world". Fear of invisible evil spirits. Fear of not living forever. I've overcome the fear that was implanted in me as a JW. I see that fear in JWs I know and it's sad how they allow such irrational thinking impact how they think and what they do.

• Joshnaz
    Joshnaz

No guilt or fear anymore. Those guys can't hurt me.

• flipper
    flipper

BUTTERFLYLEIA- I hear you. I think we can ALL relate to some of these experiences for sure !

UNDERCOVER- Very true. I agree with you. Guilt is definitely a useless emotion. Just creates unhappiness and so many unrealistic false expectations in people. And you are right- the fear Jehovah's Witnesses produced in us was actually unrealistic " phobia's " about unrealistic expectations which would never happen anyway. But proper fear has it's place .

JOSHNAZ- That is how I roll too Josh. WT society and Jehovah's Witnesses can't hurt me anymore. I stopped giving them my power and control. Good for you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit