Have you Overcome Guilt & Fear Since Exiting Jehovah's Witnesses ?

by flipper 63 Replies latest jw friends

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

It's gone!! Took about a year.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I didn't feel much guilt... mostly, once my eyes were opened to the hypocrisy and the lies, I was pissed off beyond belief. The anger was my greatest challenge. Anger at my family for being so blind, and rage at the organization keeping them hostage. It took a while for that to go away for the most part. Some things still trigger it though... I think I blew up at dissed a couple days ago in response to one... triggers that is...

J

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Armageddon doesnt scare me....to be honest it never has. Its sad to think that some of you were made to feel this way though

• flipper
    flipper

MISSING LINK- I'm glad you overcame your guilt and fear in time. Good for you.

JEANNIEBEANZ - I know how you feel Jeannie. Being raised in it myself - I had a lot of pent up resentment and anger the first 2 years I was out and I had stopped going to meetings. That was 6 years ago. Now I just feel anger towards the leaders of the WT society and GB for pulling a scam on the members. I mostly feel sorry for the rank and file members being deceived. I hear ya- things can set our triggers off sometimes. Hang in there sis- we are all movin' on with our life after the witnesses. Keep your chin up.

ANGEL EYES- Well- I'm glad that Armageddon doesn't scare you considering that you're a witness. I guess then you think you are going to survive and live forever as you've already been judged righteous- so yes, you wouldn't worry. But may I ask you this : How is it that once many of us leave the Jehovah's Witnesses we still lose our fear of Armageddon ? Could it be because we don't believe it's going to happen ? It's an illusion ? Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Once I accepted that the WTS was not God's appointed org on earth the guilt evaporated

• hubert
    hubert

If you want to lose the guilt and fear, read "Crisis of Conscience", by Ray Franz. All your guilt will disappear, I guarantee it.

Hubert

• crapola
    crapola

I will go for days without the guilt and fear. Then my mother will say something that more than anything makes my temper flare up. But also she has a way of not saying what I know is on her mind. Like she has heard some of the new K Melodies. One on the ressurection. Well, that started her on how my dad will really miss me when he is ressurected. Things like that really make me mad, but I also hate hurting her. Today, I told her that I did'nt like it when she practically has me dead and buried. She can't read what's in my heart. Then she starts on how close we are to the end. How may more times will we hear that? So, no, as long as she and other people in my family continue to harrass me, I'll never be free of the guilt. I'm not as fearful now because I don't fear dying anymore. And if Armegeddon does just happen to be real and it just happens to come in my lifetime and I just happen to not make it, then so what? If what they say is true then I would'nt have my kids there with me anyway and without them, well I just don't think that's the kind of god I want to worship. I know this is a long rambleing post, but it really feels good to vent sometimes. And know that people on here understand what we are going through.

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

the thought pops into my mind at times-if i die i wont be ressurected and if i see armaGEDDON I WILL BE DESTROYED.i remind myself that that is unscriptrual and jesus is coming to bless and rehabilatate mankind.

• dissed
    dissed

jeanniebeanz

Now you are making me feel bad. Anytime you want to hit me, beat me up, you go right ahead and do it.

Hugs

Dissed

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Have you Overcome Guilt & Fear Since Exiting Jehovah's Witnesses ?

No. I'm still a no good bastard hoping the next life is kinder and gentler. But I'm braced for the reality that it won't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit