Flouride and Chlorine in our drinking water is poisoning us to death?

by Witness 007 52 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I would much rather believe that chlorine and fluoride in my drinking water is going to give me cancer than overeating and overdrinking. Is there actually any statistical evidence that life expectancy is higher in countries that don't have the benefit of treated drinking water?

Would it be so terrible to accept that chlorine and DDT have saved millions of lives? Thank you chemical industry!

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Life expectancy and quality of life are of course separate issues. I do believe that the US life expectancy rate is lower than many other countries, (not necessarily a product of the water) some of whom don't pump fluoride into the drinking water to be ingested unnecessarily by everyone - should a person be fluoride deficient, they can receive prescribed dosages of the substance from a pharmacy. Why poison your whole country if only a handful of people need additional fluoride? Additionally, it has been deemed hazardous to give children under 6 yrs of age fluoride in toothpaste etc, and yet, baby formula, juices, water are all taken from the tap water containing fluoride and given to little kids - and we have had increased issues with autism,add,adhd etc. If fluoride is toxic to babies and kids, but it's in the tap water - who are we setting up for health problems? sammieswife

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

I agree that there should be a debate about mass medication. There is an ongoing debate in the UK regarding Folic Acid. Folic acid deficiency is clearly linked to neural tube defects. Unfortunately, despite freely available contraception in the UK, not all pregnancies are planned, and you don't have to have basic health knowledge to get pregnant. So there is an argument for widespread folic acid supplements, e.g in white bread. But should everyone get extra folic acid in order to protect the unborn children of people who don't know about a balanced diet and how to have a healthy pregnancy?

However, mass medication is a different question to whether a particular substance is harmful. What is the evidence that fluoride and chlorine are harmful to health at the levels found in drinking water?

• brinjen
    brinjen

007: I think when Farkel mentioned the banning of DDT causing more deaths than the chemical itself, he was referring to the increase in the mosquito population and consquently, malaria. I read about that a couple of years ago and yes, it surprised me too.

We can't seem to get the balance right can we? We find something that is useful and we want to use it everywhere... maybe that's where the problem lies.

As for fluoride in the water supply not doing anything to prevent tooth decay... right here in Oz we have the state of Queensland who only in the last 2 years have began adding fluoride to their water supply. They have consistently had the highest rate of tooth decay in the country compared to the rest of states and territories who have had fluoridated water all along. Bit of info on that here... http://www.adaq.com.au/public/fluoridation/updates.aspx

• villabolo
    villabolo

Farkel and brinjen, mosquitos evolve resistance to pesticides very quickly. Type out mosquito resistance DDT on Google and see what you get.

Further more it accumulates in animals especially carnivores. The main problem however is the type of agriculture we have. Permaculture techniques would eliminate the need for poisonous chemicals.

villabolo

• villabolo
    villabolo

brinjen: "We can't seem to get the balance right can we? We find something that is useful and we want to use it everywhere... maybe that's where the problem lies."

I totally agree. We have billions of people in a world that had abundance for millions. Whenever something like the human race gets so big it's bound to have negative repurcussions on a planet that is too small. There is a way to get a balance but it involves creating a new type of civilization. Unfortunately I don't think this will happen at least until this one collapses.

villabolo

• Gram
    Gram

beksbks, you have a pm on this subject. I'm real smart on this subject, I spelled flouride, floride. Please read and respond.

Thanks, Gram

• beksbks
    beksbks

This idea that's it's just A ok to consume a small amount of a poison is rather absurd. If it's not absolutely necessary, why do it? Everything we are told is safe in small amounts, adds up. Once we add all the things we ingest in one form or another over an average day, just what level are we at? But chemical companies and food and drug producers are increasing profits, so ...........eh.

• John Doe
    John Doe
    This idea that's it's just A ok to consume a small amount of a poison is rather absurd. If it's not absolutely necessary, why do it?

How does that reasoning apply to your stance on health care?

• beksbks
    beksbks

I see no connection Doe, what the heck are you getting at? And is this really the thread for it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit