Back Again about Disfellowshipment.... Please Help!!

by Butterflyleia85 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• willyloman
    willyloman

Atlantis: First time I've seen that '47 Awake.

"...ex-communication became the instrument by which the clergy attained... ecclesiastical power and secular tyranny that finds no parallel in history."

Wow! They got that right.

• dudeson
    dudeson

In addition to the books OTWO recommended, I'd also recommend "I'm Perfect, You're Doomed" by Kyria Abrahams. I read the whole thing yesterday and she writes in a way that JW's who have been in for their whole lives can really relate to.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Butterfly, Research, research, research, and be GOOD, loving, and patient with yourself.

Atlantis thank you so much for that scan/article and points afterward. Marked.

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

You might also try getting a copy of the Idiot's Guide to Zen Living. It'll teach you about meditation and how to calm and peaceful in your life. Completely compatible with all religions.

• Alwayshere
    Alwayshere

Butterfly, BE happy you are not in. Enjoy your life now. The Watchtower Society is a fraud. Their own litature is against them Dec. 1,1981 Watchtower says"No where did Jesus instruct Christains to persecute,imprison, assault,or take mod action against those who disagree with them" Yet if you disagree with the Society(even if your right) you will be labeled an "Apostate." May-1974 pg.3 Kindom Ministry "Reports are heard of Brothers selling their Homes and properties and plan to spend the rest of their days in this old system in pioneer servce.This is a fine way to spend the short time remaining before the wicked world ends." They had predicted an end to the world in 1975. And a lot of years before then.

• yknot
    yknot

I love Nevada! (posting using Atlantis's user to post a tidbit from Paul's website!)

Okie dokie.... Butterflyleia85 slowly walk away from the WTS site... it will be okay. If you have to do WTS reading use your CD because you usually find a wider array of points on any given subject. The WTS site is purely for Propaganda to the non-JWs.

Now open up you WTCD (or NWT) and turn with me to Luke 5:31-32 (read), now onto 15:7 (read), now lets flip to Ephesians 4:32 where we are reminded to forgive freely (note it doesn't reference a 3-man JC looking at your attendance record and reinstatement request). Ending finally in Colossians 3:13, 14....... and now you should think about forgiving them for not freely forgiving you because they are bound first to the human directives of the WTS whereas you are to Jehovah and his Christ!

**If you run across any 'doing works that befit repentence' change the phrase (as noted in the references of the NWT) to "change of mind"

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

butterfly.

I agree with so many on this board.

Firstly never give up on Jehovah, it is so easy to think that discipline comes through the Org., it does not.

If you really want to know if they are the real religion read their past history, see them for what they really are.

Example how they twist scripture; 1Cor 5 11-13, they fail to mention 2Cor. 2-7 That is where Jehovah has understanding and concern for individuals. SUCH SHUNNING WOULD BE APPROPIATE TOO…… these are MENS words NOT GODS. They include them at certain points they are making, yes it can sound like god is saying the words!!!!!!!

Remember the Prodigal Son, did God shun him when he returned? did God put him at the back of the room for at least a year, before showing his love ? If he had had a family would they also have been shunned ?

They are going to be answerable for speaking for Jehovah where they stray from his words.

Remember Moses, who just once, took upon himself to speak for God when he struck the rock. (God did not like it)

KT all the very best to you.

PS. John 5 30................................I seek, not my own will, but the will of him that sent me.

• Janey214
    Janey214

I agree with Kaytee and just wanted to put my two pence in.

I'm not Jehovah's Witness, never have been and never will be, but at the same time my advice isn't necessarily to walk away from their organisation if that is where you feel comfortable.

Pour your heart out in prayer to God and read from the Bible, read about the Prodigal Son as Kaytee said. Obviously we don't know what you were ex'd for so it's very difficult for any of us to really advise in my view not that I'm asking you to tell us either.

If you were disfellowshipped for something that most religions would consider to be serious like abortion for example, then I would use this period of time as an opportunity for reflection over what went wrong to make you disregard or not follow the teachings of your faith. This is an opportunity for you to look seriously at whether you want to be part of your faith, and to turn your life around. It's a long, hard and difficult struggle to return to feeling in favour with God when you've gone off track, but at lot of those feelings of inadequacy I believe are from the devil. Satan doesn't want you to succeed in returning to your Father in Heaven's favour, he wants you to fail and unfortunately he's an enemy that does have 'outposts in your head'.

Just keep reading and praying, pondering and thinking. Follow Jesus example and find yourself a quiet place where you can go and ponder and be with God, where you can cry and scream and praise all to your heart's content. It doesn't have to be anywhere special, it can be your bedroom, or your car or just when you're walking the dog. It doesn't matter, but it needs to be somewhere free of distraction.

You're in my prayers.

J x

• hotspur
    hotspur

All the above is sound advice - you do well to heed it. More importantly it is your life and, I guess, you believe God has given you your life. Use the time out of the organization to see exactly what he is expecting from you - NOT what men think he is expecting from you. Half the time they're protecting their own position, not that of the individual or the congregation. The GB have given them this tool of shunning to ostensibly discipline but instead, they wield it as a weapon over the remainder of the flock to hold them in fear.

It has struck me lately that I was told it is good to have fear, fear of displeasing Jehovah! Never once did I consider how twisted that has become.... think about!

My father when he was alive (an elder) ALWAYS said nobody should ever be disfellowshipped for wrongdoing. If they are repentant enough they won't be - as long as the JC is not corrupt, but that's another story. Anyway, how does a spirit appointed committee of men have corrupt members? A contradiction of Jehovah's justice.

I followed those links and spotted something in Paul's writings I'd not spotted before.... "Quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person [or guilty of another gross sin], . . . not even eating with such a man."

Suddenly, I see a get out in their own reasoning..... "anyone called a brother". Disfellowshipping from within the GB's own rules removes the title of brother so, Paul's admonition no longer has substance. Especially does this apply to a person who has disassociated his or herself!

One thing I'd like to mention. I was 'in' for 35 years and always had difficulty with DF'ing. It has taken my time away to CLEARLY see what is/was going on. Please use your time to study, objectively, the things you've been taught and you have learned. You're a thinking person and are aware of your situation within your own, living context. It is that which will indicate to you the right way to go. Indeed, it is only you that really knows what IS right for you.

Have peace but first of all forgive yourself for the guilt that is being heaped on you. Recognise where it comes from - yourself, god or a bunch of rule driven men. Goodness, that's what the Pharisees were!

Hotspur

edit - put in the missing words!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Being disfellowshipped or excommunicated by a false religion may be painful to a believing member, but to the rest of mankind it is of no consequence.

The followers of Charles Manson took a very dim view of their ex/non members. Would you feel bad if a member of the Manson/Koresh/Jim Jones families thought evil of you?

You probably would while you were in their presence, but get away from them and you can kick your brain back into gear and get on with your life.

Cheers

Chris

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit