Feeling numb... feeling like I did when I first DAed.

by Elsewhere 49 Replies latest jw friends

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I'm so sorry to hear that else .. my thoughts are with you

• blondie
    blondie

Sorry to hear about your dad, Elsewhere. A few years ago my FIL was making the go round of the doctors, getting many and conflicting diagnoses. They finally found cancer and things were grim. We had a few more months with him and were able to forge closer ties. He lived with us for awhile to be near his treatment clinic. Just try and enjoy the time you have.

Love, Blondie and Irreverent

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Elsewhere,

My heart goes out to you. All I can say is let your dad see that actions speak louder than words. And when he starts his prostelytizing, just look at him with tenderness and realize how much of his life he has lost believing that nonsense. Have some ideas in mind to be able to change the subject several times if religion keeps coming up. Control the conversation and direct the focus to pleasant things.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Thanks again everyone...

I seem to be doing better today. I'm able to think and concentrate enough to work and get things done.

I hope I'm able to stay reasonably normal. I'm going to try to go out this weekend. Oktoberfest (Beer!) and an art show featuring some works of a friend of mine.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Elsewhere,

I just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you.

What you are going through is hard, very hard. Both of my parents are now dead. I had to watch my mother lose touch with reality before she went at 83.

Let the family know that you are available and willing to help with your dad's needs. Maybe he could use some slippers or pajamas. Maybe go to the drug store for him to get his medications if he needs them.

If he will allow it, just sit with him while the family is at meetings, so that he won't be alone.

Tell him how much it means to you just to be near him.

Keep us updated to let us know how you are....

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Hey Elsewhere,

I hope you get out this weekend, I was so discombobulated over my Moms visit last weekend

I could not get it together enough to go to a concert I had planned for two months that was on Tuesday.

I really am ashamed to admit it.

Don't let it happen to you.

purps

• VIII
    VIII

I just read this Elsewhere. I am very sorry for you and your family. My thoughts are with you.

• Emma
    Emma

Else, glad you're doing a bit better. Keep in mind that this isn't like anything you've been through and you will have ups and downs. You'll be OK; it may take some time but keep trying to take care of yourself and be kind to yourself. I'm thinking of you.

Emma

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Thinking of you Elsewhere and, unfortunately, recognizing too much of what you have to say. Not that you need reminding but you are not on your own mate.

• freedomisntfree
    freedomisntfree

It makes me angry that this cult can even make such a horrible situation even more horrible.Im sorry this is happening to you and your family stay strong ,Try and ignore the jw aspect as much as possible be the change you want to see...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit