Feeling numb... feeling like I did when I first DAed.

by Elsewhere 49 Replies latest jw friends

• Goshawk
    Goshawk

Hang in there man. I know where you are comming from.

My father was recently diagnosed with cancer, still in treatment and hoping they caught it early enough.

In the short term you might want to go to the doc and get anti-depressant script if you need it. You might even want to talk to a trained proffesional about the shutting down response.

My thoughts are with you.

Goshawk

• Open mind
    Open mind

Sorry to hear this news Elsewhere.

My thoughts are with you.

om

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Thoughts and wishes with you - Don't know what else to say. The burdensome rules of the WTS and the false hopes they induce, just make it so much more difficult.

Peace

Jeff

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Thanks everyone.

• ninja
    ninja

hang in there elsewhere.......I know what you are going through

my wee mum died from cancer a year ago......still feel it bad

at the end of the day....fuck the false cult and spend what precious time you can with those real people you love......

ninja

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    My problem is that I shut down at times like this. It's a struggle to do anything.

It's called dissociative. It's that out-of-body feeling, going numb you have.

It's the mind's way of protecting itself when you are experiencing something so big, so awful and so traumatic that it becomes too much to deal with. The feelings are way too big to process in the here and now.

It's sort of a mental credit card. You are feeling some pretty big things right now, this is a hugely painful experience. I would encourage you that when you feel sad or mad or glad or whatever, then give yourself permission to feel it. Otherwise those feelings stay bottled up and that's unhealthy.

It's encouraging you cried. That is a healthy, normal and natural reaction to what you're experiencing.

I would also encourage you to say whatever you need to say to your father before it's too late. I did that with my mother and although it did not come out right (I cringe now when I read the letter I wrote her), I'm glad I said it before she was gone.

If you need to talk, you know where Nina and I are.

Be well my friend,

Chris

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

So sorry to hear this news. You're in my thoughts.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Sorry that it went like that for you. Your dad is still deluded. Will be till that day he dies. Hope you can make it to the end of the week. A meditational technique that might help, is to ask yourself to whom this is happening, then try to sense who that is. You might, for a few seconds at least, find youself outside of the shitstorm.

S

• Jadeen
    Jadeen

It's sad that it takes a family tragedy to pull everyone together. Elsewhere

• flipper
    flipper

ELSEWHERE- I'm so sorry to hear this about your father. I have no words but please be assured of our love and caring. You are in our thoughts. Sincerely, Mr. & Mrs. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit