what did you study?? Do you think it should be longer.....?

by angel eyes 41 Replies latest social entertainment

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

why did it end strangely?

• teel
    teel

Oh, and I studied about 6 months too, but it was partly my mistake it took so little (a personal matter I don't feel comfortable talking about).

About raised as JW: my wife studied with her neighbour, although her mother was a JW too. Probably partly because of the expectations.

• cantleave
    cantleave

My mum studied the Truth book, I was born in studying everything that was studied at the group.

Six months is far too short to make a life changing decision that you can't withdraw from without being shunned by all your "friends" and family members who share your dedication.

2 years is only enough if you have really examined all things

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

In England sure it was the norm when doing the "knowledge that leads to everlasting life" the study was to last 6months only. My study ended strangely because one minute I was having the study and the next the bible conductor wasnt at home...so i waited till the next week..still not at home and then after three weeks I realised that something wasnt right...I approached the elders and said how my study conductor had said i was ready for baptism and the elders arranged the questions...by the time the study conductor was back from wherever,i was getting baptised.

I said about my study being finished and was told "no after baptism your study finishes"..... Had alot of strange things happen which now i look back on and see the wrong....but fortunately my chin is extremely strong and takes it all :)

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

the problem is that studying ( not being the operative word) WTS books, is biased and the mind control process has started, newbies should have resource's from both sides of the argument, namely Ray Franz's works so would- be interested persons can make a far more balanced decision

• Bangalore
    Bangalore

Why is this in the Entertainment section?

Bangalore

• carla
    carla

How about throwing out the literature and using the bible itself?

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Did any of you "born in's" get to study with people other than your family? I think it's important to have a study with someone you feel you can talk too. I studied with an elder.....since found out that it isnt the normal thing to do, but hey i didnt know back then and besides i cant get my head around that "man and woman not being along together" conscience thing......

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yeah I studied with an Elder from 14 until I got baptised. He was a wonderful guy, I loved him to bits as a person and to be honest I saw him as a role model. We used to go through the WT together on a Thursday evening. He was old school sold house in the 70's to pioneer, and lived in a caravan. He and his wife believed all things till the end. Even though they were hoodwinked by the lies of the WTS, they were genuinely happy with their live. Just goes to show what wrong for one person maybe right for another. It ain't right for me.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

AE, with my dad. Then when I left but lived at home they briefly made me study with a min servant. I made it clear to him that it would be a long hour for him...and after a few weeks he dropped me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit