what did you study?? Do you think it should be longer.....?

by angel eyes 41 Replies latest social entertainment

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

Soz issaac it didnt last that long......Its so important for a study to last for aslong as the person needs it..i definately wasnt ready for mine to end but i was ready for baptism. Cantleave..you studied with an elder...are you male? just saying coz when i said i studied with an elder its because im a girl...anyway glad you had a great elder,yes there are some nice brothers out there and so pleased you found one :)

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

I did the new study very recently (I started late 07 and cancelled my study early this year), I did the "what does the bible really teach?" book and had started another before I left- I was very clear with the lady I was studing with that I was not ready for baptisim and if I was going to be... I wanted to do things the right way and for the right reasons... It was my honest search and study that lead me to what I believe now (wont go into that- each to his/her own).

I was not rushed (I wouldn't allow that), I dont respond well to directions and I question authority, I trust my gut instincts (they have saved my life and the lives of my children before). So it's not surprising to me now, (now that I know more about the WTBTS and how they opperate), that I was just not a 'follower'..... I cant be taught, I learn by teaching myself.... I taught myself how to cook, how to drive a car, how to play the guitar, how to sew, Im a huge DIY advocate....

That is why they could only manage one shepparding call after I stopped my study- and I asked them this question before they left... how do you tell a friend that they were raised in a cult and all they think they know is a lie???

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

I love the new book...think its great. Glad you had a study though because atleast you made a choice for yourself.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I didn't "study" in the true sense of the word. I read the 'live forever' and 'united in worship' books and recited the prefabricated answers when the questions were asked. No special knowledge, research or skills were required. The only requirement was a 2 minute attention span, which was more than enough for most of the paragraphs.

W

• Lillith26
    Lillith26

Its called freewill, and Iam not so willing to give it away as some... there was no choice, you cant unlearn facts, I could not in good conscience preach something I knew to be a lie, once you know that 1+1=2 you cant go back to believeing that 1+1=5..... and to preach to others 'truths' that you know are 'false'??? thats gotta weigh heavy on your conscience... I am a lover of truth, and I studied till I found it!

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

agree with what you said "each to his own" :)

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

"Your Bible Student has studied for six months, and you want to drop him for not making progress? Puh-leeze. Your own children are sixteen and still not baptized." -Circuit Overseer

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Live forever book for me, then United in Worship. The guy giving me a study wanted to carry on with the little red Youth book, but i didn't want to. Could you imagine the embarassment when we got to the chapter on self abuse?????????

Paul

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

I studied with an elder (im a girl) and found it really extremely hard to talk about fornication etc.

• yknot
    yknot

First study books were the blast from the past.......

"Learn to Read and Write"

"From Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained"

Later we did "Listening to the Great Teacher"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit