what did you study?? Do you think it should be longer.....?

by angel eyes 41 Replies latest social entertainment

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

what publication did you study and how long was the study for??

When i came in you were only allowed 6months, i didnt even get that lol...but was baptised after 5months. It was so fast but i was ready for baptism. I do think people should be able to study for atleast 2years as its alot to take in...agree?? That way if someone changes there mind they can leave before baptism.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

My dad studied the 'truth book'

I am a born-in...so this is n/a to me.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I studied the Truth Book and another one that I can't recall. The years were 1970-73.

I had a lot of questions, but apparently not the right ones!

LOL.

Sylvia

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

IIRC I started on the Live Forever book, but flunked on it, if the paper was soft enough to wipe my ass with it then that's what should have been done with, it was unadulterated bilge, then went onto the United in Worship, which should have been sent to the mens room as well.

• blondie
    blondie

I studied the bible............

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

wots IIRC?? soz

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

if I recall correctly

• bluecanary
    bluecanary

I studied the Live Forever book with my mother. I don't remember how long. I was 11/12 years old at the time. Children have no business being baptized when they are held accountable for it.

• teel
    teel

"Allowed" only 6 months? You're right it's wrong. I never heard of any time restriction in my area, in fact a while ago I used to go back to the same person for years to study - she had quite a thick head, absolutely nothing I told her sticked for the next week. And no, that's not because she had critical thinking, it's because she had no thinking . Rushing the study ahead is a well known cult indoctrination tactic, where you pump information at a very high rate, leaving no time to think it through.

And about what to study: everything. Show people the good parts along with the bad, so that they can make an informed choice. BTW I studied the "Knowledge that leads to everlasting life" (I think that's what it's called in english).

• angel eyes
    angel eyes

oh thanks JB :) Did any of you study for long? I felt that 6months was very short but i fortunately was ready... but im sure many werent.

I studied the "knowledge book"...was meant to do "require brochure" too but study ended rather strangely haha

The ones of you who were raised as JW did you have to study with your dad? That must have been hard....sure they were expecting higher things from you...was that the case?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit