Two new leaflets announced at Meeting today - desparate times?

by cantleave 40 Replies latest jw friends

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The Proclaimers Book says page 340

"As early as the second issue of the Watch Tower, in August 1879, Brother Russell stated: “‘Zion’s Watch Tower’ has, we believe, JEHOVAH for its backer, and while this is the case it will never beg nor petition men for support. When He who says: ‘All the gold and silver of the mountains are mine,’ fails to provide necessary funds, we will understand it to be time to suspend the publication.” Consistent with that, there is no begging for money in the literature of Jehovah’s Witnesses.

What is true of their literature is also true of their meetings. There are no emotional appeals for funds in their congregations or at their conventions. No collection plates are passed; no envelopes in which to put money are distributed; no letters of solicitation are sent to congregation members. Congregations never resort to bingo or raffles to raise funds. As early as 1894, when the Watch Tower Society sent out traveling speakers, it published this notice for the benefit of everyone: “Let it be understood from the first that collections or other solicitations of money are neither authorized nor approved by this Society.”

Tines change, don't they?

BTW , about the use of the Internet ?? I have found that the elders here are far more relaxed about the whole thing...I get the impression that U S A elders would form a committee but around here they seem reluctant to do so.even if they know full well that dubs have got stuff from "unauthorised" sources.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit