Two new leaflets announced at Meeting today - desparate times?

by cantleave 40 Replies latest jw friends

• potleg
    potleg

Wallets tight shut...Thank God or who ever.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Ak Jeff; very true, they need the paedophile fund filled up to the brim.

• shamus100
    shamus100

Perhaps they should pass a collection plate?

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    Perhaps they should pass a collection plate?

Ya why not....hehe or they could have you fill out a form and withdraw a certain amount of funds each month....Auto payment plan.... 50 bucks from each family just one less pizza night....

• villabolo
    villabolo

cantleave said: . . .there are two new leaflets one dealing with how to leave a legacy for the world wide work. . .

Scripture says about the Pharisees:

9 And he said to them: "You have a fine way of setting aside the commands of God in order to observe [c] your own traditions! 10 For Moses said, 'Honor your father and your mother,' [d] and, 'Anyone who curses his father or mother must be put to death.' [e] 11 But you say that if a man says to his father or mother: 'Whatever help you might otherwise have received from me is Corban' (that is, a gift devoted to God), 12 then you no longer let him do anything for his father or mother. 13 Thus you nullify the word of God by your tradition that you have handed down. And you do many things like that." (Mark 7:9-13)

villabolo

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

You try to post them so anyone can distribute these in place of regular wastes of paper, the Washtowel will get you for "copyright infringement". This is obviously a way to prevent people who are thinking of joining from having full access to all the information about what is expected before they are stuck in.

At least the monasteries are brutally honest with prospective monks and nuns--before they are stuck, they are certain what the requirements are going to be. And yet the Washtowel bashes the Catholic church for being dishonest with its members.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Time to print up the apostadollars and drop them in the collection plate contribution box.

• yknot
    yknot

This announcement was not made at my KH tonight....

But that said we are always 'behind'......

Anyone in the US got their Oct KM yet?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I think I"ll ask around on this one. I know there have been some pointed and detailed talks on donations of estates etc etc

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

To save money on printing, perhaps they are not sending these to all halls, but only to those where there are rich old suckers about ready to kick it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit