Should Elderly People Be Forced To Show ID If They Want To Buy Alcohol?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I never once was asked for ID when I was 18. I get it all the time now. The world changes, it's not the same country, with the same attitude toward alcohol.Big deal.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I was asked for id when I went to a bar in Detroit with a few other 'apostates' back in 2003. I was 45 at the time. When I held up my id a photo was taken from a darkened area to my left.

W

• caliber
    caliber

How about a verbal request for ID(proof of age).... (this is quite flattering so say the least ) when you are over 50 years old...

like my wife was this year ! this ...or rather !!!! My wife can pass for 21 or so at over 50 years old

See full size image

• JWoods
    JWoods

My friend John (who works as my property maintenance man) used to work in a major liquor store here in Dallas.

Although he was usually careful to check ID, one Sat. night when they were very busy he let slip a sale to a couple of girls who were pretty close to the appearance of being underage.

Sure enough - it was a sting operation by the police.

John ended up with a class E felony on his record and of course lost his job.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

That is one of the most assinine things I have heard of but it wouldn't surprise me if it came into effect due to some young people declaring age discrimination

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

This has to be USA right? lol that wouldnt happen here. we would all fall about laughing :)

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I'm 57, when I go to buy beer at Winn Dixie, they either ask for my ID,

or they call the manager over to see if I am old enough to buy beer.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

That is scary to have ones driver license scanned by a business.

I would avoid that business if at all possible.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

Last year, at the age of 56, I had the unnerving experience of being asked for the first time by a store clerk, "Would you like the senior discount?"

A month or so after that, my wife and I were driving to VA and stopped along the way to buy a bottle of wine. I got carded.

Somehow, that made me feel a whole lot better.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Neon after a while you will enjoy flashing out that "Senior Discount".. Gimmee a discount NOW!

And I agree with Bumble bee..I would be leary of giving anyone my personal ID to put in a machine, especially anything with my SS number on it...ID theft is on the rise especially for Seniors!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit