Cantleave went to the meeting last night

by cantleave 41 Replies latest jw friends

• cantleave
    cantleave

I have attended just a handful of meetings over the 2 months. I went yesterday, because I had an assignment and I really wanted to see my mate talk about masturbation from the platform, knowing he would be very uncomfortable about it!!!!

Anyway after the meeting I was approached by the COBE. He was looking very concerned, "I hear you have had a number of personal problems recently and was wondering if there is anything we can do to help?"

I told him that yes I am finding it difficukl to make ends meet at the moment and need to work away, and will be missing meetings. I also stated that I would appreciate it if I didn't get assignments for a bit.

I was astounded by his response, but on reflections shouldn't have been surprised.

"If I really am putting Jehovah first in my life, all the necessities will be taken care of." also "The congregation will miss your assignments and you will be creating additional work for the other Elders, some of them are finding it hard too!"

I should have said "Well thanks for your help I found your practical suggestions most enlightening", but I didn't since he agreed not to give me any assignments for October or November. This gives me time to develop clinical depression and a reason for stepping down in December before the new CO's visit in the New year.

My fade is going according to plan!!!!!!!!!

• sacolton
    sacolton

Typical scripted cult statement from the Elder. Jehovah will provide if I just neglect my financial responsibilities and just allow my debts to run over? Wow, that's reassuring! I wonder how this same Elder would help you once you have dire financial problems because you followed his advice? "Oh, well, that's Satan attacking you because you are doing Jehovah's will. Maybe if you put in more hours ..." It's sickening!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Sounds good.

• Girlie
    Girlie

Thanks for the info cantleave. I am newly into my fade and didn't even think much about the New CO coming around soon and how I will be hounded for time. So far, I haven't had any elders or "friends" call me. I haven't turned in any time in about 4 months or so nor have I bothered with going to any meetings. My mother had a few in her congregation inquire of my decision of a KH. She just shields them off with some kind of generic excuse (Go mom!). I guess I better start getting myself ready for the possible hounders soon.

• shamus100
    shamus100

"If I really am putting Jehovah first in my life, all the necessities will be taken care of." also "The congregation will miss your assignments and you will be creating additional work for the other Elders, some of them are finding it hard too!"

Just remember that it's always your fault - the A-typical low-self esteem comment to keep you in.

What a loser.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

You have a plan. A plan is important. Great update.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Wow! Good job!

Continued success!

• garyneal
    garyneal

So let me get this straight, the COBE (Circuit Overseer? What is BE?) approaches you, informs you that he's heard that you have some personal problems, and offers to help. Then when you explain to him what help you need, he appears to berate you for not "putting Kingdom interest first." Just to make sure I have this straight.

Well, I do know that Jesus teaches us to "seek first the Kingdom of God" and "all these things will be added unto you." I also know that the Bible also tells us to "sanctify Christ as Lord in our hearts." The Bible teaches us to "bear one another's burdens" and of course, "not to judge" lest we be judged.

It certainly appears that this COBE made you feel guilty for needing the extra time to work so that you can make ends meet. Perhaps this COBE could've offered some encouragement for your situation, or even helped you find whatever resources you needed to help you make ends meet. Perhaps some of the other members of the congregation could've done the same. Perhaps he could've even suggested that Jehovah can still use you on this path by suggesting that we can still be witnesses for Him whereever he leads us.

At any rate, I wonder how many other Elder's and CO's needed to reduce their workload to attend to personal matters? I believe that number is many which begs the question, what gives anyone else the right to judge?

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

If he bothers you again, why not ask him what the Bible means when it says that a brother who doesn't provide for his family is worse than a man without faith?

• yknot
    yknot

Well taking from the CBS texts...... 'gifts of men'....

You are making his numbers look bad and technically he was just doing his job........ (lol our COTBOE had 5 last minute cancelations due to the parents realizing the maturbation topic......hall was pretty much empty of young ones!)

Garyneal.....COBOE or COTBOE = Coordinator of the Body of Elders (new title for POs)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit