Attended DC this weekend, quick recap...the End may not be imminent could take a million years but its still coming

by shopaholic 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Heaven
    Heaven

"even if the end of this system doesn't come for a million years,.."

I guess my mother was wrong then. She told me I'd see the end of this system of things in my lifetime.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

So, how does "this generation" fall into place in regards to NOT KNOWING the final date?

Did they already change that interprtation or are they in the process of doing that?

• snowbird
    snowbird

PSac, according to WT, the anointed is "this generation" that will not pass away before all things occur.

Tee hee hee.

Sylvia

• undercover
    undercover

Is this Splane guy a moderate? Who knows anything about him?

I ask because we've had other threads about the convention where the speaker really amped up the end being imminent.

My own JW family came back with reports of how close we were and that we didn't have much longer. They really bought into the urgency of the times BS.

I wonder why the difference in message from one convention to the other...

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Maybe this Splane guy will be going the route of our good friend Raymond Franz....

• Leprechaun
    Leprechaun

I think the End Is Coming Tomorow, so all you sinners repent! The time left is reduced, What sort of persons ought you to be, Stay alive till 2012.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

NOBODY EXPECT THE WATCHTOWER JEHOVAHGEDDON!!!! Their chief weapon is surprise...surprise and fear...fear and surprise.... Their two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless inefficiency.... Their *three* weapons are fear, surprise, and ruthless inefficiency...and an almost fanatical devotion to magazines and softcover books.... Their *four*...no... *Amongst* their weapons.... Amongst their weaponry...are such elements as fear, surprise.... I'll come in again.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Splane is not a moderate, in fact the new guys are hand picked by Jaracz and sound like clones.

It seemed like more realistic comments by Splane, and I wonder if it will register at all with the attendees.

• Japster
    Japster

Unbelievable!!??!!

My parents [who are second generation] are in their 80's and still 'waiting' for the end to come.....I feel so bad for them. How can the JW's keep on lapping up this BS....Splane should be shot!

Japster

• Perry
    Perry

Thanks for the cliff notes. I feel like I was there.

You mentioned hearing the word ''readjusted" twice in reference to peoples' thinking. You also made reference to the speaker mocking Christians for their beliefs not changing for over one thousand years (actually almost two thousand). There is a strong warning in Galatians that is the reason for this.

Galatians 1:8 But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

The Watchtower has always preached a message about how if you do what they say you'll never die....you'll escape death which is right around the corner at the big A. This is the JW hope. However, the bible assures death to all. It is even a condition of the New Covenant. But believers in Christ alone will escape a guilty verdict at Judgment.

Hebrews 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Acts 17:31 Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

The "gospel" that JW's teach is "another gospel" unknown to early Christians.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit