Attended DC this weekend, quick recap...the End may not be imminent could take a million years but its still coming

by shopaholic 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mad Dawg
    Mad Dawg

I wonder if the GB is allowing the Dubbers' expectations to flat line a bit so they can be stoked again at a later date.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Every GB member loves to give conjecture. It's their way to feel like actual spiritual leaders because everything else they do is so corporate. So I think we often read too much into what they say when they pontificate and preach... it's just ramblings. Until something is printed in the Watchtower, that is.

Every GB member has their own version of the organization's future, and that colors all their talks. You can see this while at Bethel. They have cart blanche on what they want to say (as can be shown by Losch's infamous college speech, and especially by Bethel talks and morning worship), and don't organize and strategize about every single thing that comes out of their mouths from the platform.

• willyloman
    willyloman

What Daniel-P just said.

My thoughts exactly.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Jerkhoobah's got a timetable

How the fuck do they know he's got a bloody timetable, any scripture quoted , amazing that thousands are still falling for such utter B/S!

• blondie
    blondie

daniel-p, so true. how many times I was told that unless it appeared in a WT publication, it didn't matter who or what was said from the platform.

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks Shop - you sound like a good friend and your overview of the DC was nicely composed! Trying to picture the JWs going mainstream (by say foucsing less on the imminence of the end) is a bit like picturing a cafe without coffee: What would the purpose of their existence be?? Meetings would be even more sleep-inducing, there'd be no point in going door-to-door and there'd be less incentive to read the same-old same-old in the magazines. Come to think of it, that's pretty much what it's already like for growing numbers of JWs. Mainstream here they come.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit